“Another excellent meal here”
Review of Box Tree

Box Tree
Reserve with OpenTable
Box Tree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: This small renowned restaurant has been a part of Ilkley since the early sixties. Now owned by husband and wife team Simon and Rena Gueller, the Box Tree continues to aim to be the best. The modern French classical menu and extensive wine cellar offer food lovers an unforgettable experience. Simon's commitment to the best, freshest ingredients, with an emphasis on locally sourced, fresh ingredients from farmers and other suppliers, will entice food lovers with favourites such as Roast Sea Scallops, Celeriac Puree, White Truffle Oil and one of our impressive signature Souffles The Box Tree represents a combination between 21st century efficiency and exquisite good taste. Whilst the kitchen boasts the latest equipment, the restaurant features a collection of art and antiques which define the style and luxury for which the Box Tree is famed.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Enjoyed a birthday meal here (3 of us), and went for the menu gourmand (which currently has dishes from their 50 years of existence to celebrate their 50 years) with the sommelier chosen wines. All very good -- thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes and the wine. The service was excellent, the sommelier was particularly good at explaining the wines without being at all condescending. Considering it's a 1* Michelin restaurant, price paid was very fair. Not the first time we've dined here and won't be the last.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I visited this restaurant very recently with my wife and a close relative. It'd difficult to write a review because I think you have to experience this rather than read about it.

When we arrived, the reception room was extraordinarily beautiful, as was the small flower garden at the front of the restaurant. Calm, peaceful, relaxing. We had a drink whilst waiting for our table to become available. The welcome was very warm. After enjoying a drink, we were taken through to the table. The food from start to finish was again faultless - as was the service. I read another review noting that this place has legendary status in Ilkley - and I can see why......

The food itself is so refined - as one would expect. It is clear that so much time is taken over each individual dish. At £25 a head for a three course lunch, it really is difficult to beat....

As we were leaving one of the staff was thanking us for visiting and asking about our stay, and wishing us a pleasant day.

Please go - you won't be disappointed. As you will see, I've reviewed a number of one star restaurants, and I would argue that this one is the best so far.......

1  Thank pwbw30
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Lovely decor, friendly staff. The food was fantastic and the wine selection really complemented each course. Even thought this is a high end restaurant the staff made us feel very relaxed and comfortable.

1  Thank nick045
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I had a meal at the box tree for our anniversary. Wonderful place. Food was fantastic.Staff were really friendly and very attentive. The souffle for dessert was outstanding.I would highly recommend a meal at the box tree

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I will keep it short ....Evertything was superb !from the moment we stepped in to the moment we left everything was top drawer ,will be back