“Great little venue”

La Casita
Ranked #15 of 98 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Casita - Authentic Spanish Tapas Bar Combining the authentic Spanish tapas experience with a welcoming atmosphere and charming interior, La Casita brings the vibrant Mediterranean dining style to the historic town of Ilkley, in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very Good food interesting menu.
Great decor and comfort. Like,the conservatory feel. Inside / out
Good value
Good service

There are newer reviews for La Casita

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Absolutely thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight at the best tapas bar I have to say I've ever been to. Service was great and the guy who served me and my 4 friends was lovely! He wasted no time making us feel welcome and comfortable, offered us drinks and then took our order. We started with meats and bread.. Amazing! Beautiful cut meats and good bread. Then we all ordered our own choices and shared plates across the table all picking into every dish. I'd have to say my favourite dish was the ox cheeks!!! Someone I was eating with had recommended it and rightly so!! Melt in your mouth!! All the rest was equally as good! After being stuffed to the brim, 2 of my friends ordered a parfait (which I was unsure of as I'd never had parfait before). I had one bite and we immediately ordered two more! Amazing desserts for a great price!! Absolutely lovely evening! Do not beleive these ridiculous poor reviews they're obviously deluded on good food and good dining!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went to this restaurant in its first week and although we weren't that impressed we certainly thought it was worth another try. So we booked an outside table on a Friday evening, we were not greeted and actually felt a bit in the way but we were finally shown to our table,there didn't seem to be any organisation and the staff all seemed quite at odds with each other and a bit fed up! Drinks order was finally taken and then the food order, where we were told we had ordered too much. ( we were hungry) after quite some time the waitress came out to tell that they were struggling in the kitchen and there could be a delay , we ordered bread and olives to keep us going ,but then almost straight away the food started arriving, the food was ok , some dishes better than others ,it just doesn't taste like a proper tapas meal, where are the prawns pil pil , aubergines with honey ? We were served by four different people and I must say none of them seemed very interested in us or anyone of the other customers , all in all a bit disappointing which is a great shame because we were excited to get this restaurant in ilkley as we love Spanish food.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a must visit when you are in Ilkley, we love going for tapas, but having a fantastic one on our doorstep is perfect.
The prices are a little more than you would pay in city centre Leeds, but the food is far superior and worth the little bit extra!
You must try the chicken and ham croquettas, they are to die for, as well as the braised ox cheek in red wine - I'm hungry again just thinking about it! Ooh and the sangria is worth a taste also;)
In fact I love this restaurant so much I am taking friends again this week:)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am prompted to write this having read the recent review in the Yorkshire Post. Truly, they must have visited a different restaurant as their glowing review was as far from my experience as you could get. The food was very ordinary and certainly not authentic. The portions were small and very poor value for money. £1 each for a Padron pepper - I don't think so; a slither of cheese so thin you could read the menu through it and of course despite paying over £8 we were told the bread was extra. I asked for a glass of Fino and was met with a blank stare; I went on to explain to the hapless waiter what this was and asked for it to served chilled. What a waste of breath, it could not have been warmer had they microwaved it. In summary I was either very unfortunate or my understanding of a tapas bar is different from that of the owners. I understand that the chef used to work in a local pub; it shows, perhaps he should have a spent a little more time in Spain understanding the ethos behind tapas.

7  Thank Jasgalore
Oliver R, Owner at La Casita, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Customer,

Naturally it is very disappointing to hear such terrible feedback and it’s especially disappointing having had such fantastic reviews including the one in the Yorkshire Post. We are a young business that is still learning but so far the feedback has been excellent, that said it doesn’t help you with your personal experience for which we apologise. Interestingly we train all the staff on all our products and again recently on everything including the Fino, so we are truly sorry that it appears the waiter who you spoke to didn’t appear to know exactly what it was that you asked for. Excuses aside we can only assume that as we were so exceptionally busy one of the kitchen staff who wouldn’t ordinarily be serving passed your table when asked to help serving to cope with the workload and sadly didn’t recognise the specific drink you requested. I appreciate you are most likely a very polite person which is why no complaint was made by you on your visit, had you of raised any of your concerns on the evening we would happily of addressed it to the best of our ability as we always strive to ensure people have an enjoyable experience.

We are once again very sorry that on the occasion you visited we didn’t live up to expectation and we have taken your feedback on board and had a team meeting the following day to discuss it. From your comments it sounds as though you regularly frequent Spain or countries where tapas are popular so you had an expectation of what our offering is, we feel we provide great higher end tapas dishes with a twist, again it is a real shame we didn’t meet your expectations, we are continually striving to improve and deliver what our customers enjoy so we would welcome any ideas on dishes etc. that you would like to have seen. We would also appreciate it if you could contact one of the managers directly so that we can apologise personally and also discuss a satisfactory solution to hopefully encourage you to give us another opportunity and visit again. Please contact either Ben Riley or Oliver Renton to ensure this is organised for you, their contact details can be gained by calling the restaurant. Once again our apologies and we hope you provide us with the opportunity to make amends.

Kind regards,