“a bit of a wait but worth it”
Review of The Vine

The Vine
Ranked #12 of 99 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went for an early Mother's day celebration - 3 generations. At 5.40pm the place was almost empty; by 6pm was full land putting pressure on the kitchen. We had to wait some time for the food and one dish - the duck - wasn't very hot when it arrived. The rest of the dishes, mainly pizzas, were excelllent and the seafood risotto outstanding. The garlic bread we had while waiting was also excellent. Good vfm and staff very friendly and helpful, though we'd have preferred to pour our own wine - a nice chianti classico. We'll definitely go again.

1  Thank Dingham156

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We didn't realise that this restaurant had opened until Monday, 4 March. It is closed Mondays. We called on 5th March as we were passing and were delighted. My ravioli was fresh and delicious and my wife's mushroom risotto was excellent.My wife had a pizza which she found good and my salmon on vanilla mash was very good. With two side dishes, three glasses of wine and two coffees the bill was a very reasonable £59. This restaurant is much better than Piccolino's ineverything except pretentiousness.

1  Thank Kildwick
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a fantastic meal with my husband and two teenage sons. The staff were really friendly, the food was all freshly made, we could see the chef preparing our food, which I like! We will defanetley be returning soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

On an impulse my wife and I thought we would try The Vine for a first visit. Friday night, no reservation, how would it go? Pleasant welcome, but sorry - fully booked. Then after a little more deliberation they offered us the 'emergency' table for two over in the far corner. We were delighted on two counts (a) we were hungry and (b) we enjoyed a great meal with very good service. The fried king scallops on a bed of pureed celeriac with crispy pancetta, slices of roast apple and a drizzle of salsa and chopped flat leaf parsley was delicious. It was followed by the best seafood linguine I have had in, or out, of Italy. The prices are moderate, the ingredients fresh and plentiful,and the house wine, a Primitivo (the same grape as the better known Zinfandel), was good value at £13.95. We both enjoyed an excellent meal. However, I am rather sparing in my 'excellent' ratings and the place is decidedly utilitarian, overlooks the main car-park and the decor and furnishings are 'tired'. But, hey, the staff are far from tired and gave us a first rate meal. Bravo! [and next time we'll book]

1  Thank medik
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Vine has been open for four months now but we haven't tried it until now probably because the location put us off if we were honest. It is the old La Sila, it is above a shoe shop and overlooks the car park. Inside it is pretty much the same but this is now a great place. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the two chefs are visible and hard at work in the open kitchen. We went on a Thursday night and it was full with a good lively atmosphere. The food was excellent value for money in contrast to the overpriced Piccolinos at the other end of the car park. There is the full range of Italian food. The scallops and sea bass were very fresh and perfectly cooked. My Osso Bucco special was also excellent. We didn't venture beyond the house wine by the glass but that was also very good. I agree with a previous reviewer that the garnish on everything does't work with too many woody stalks. A few pea shoots would have a better effect perhaps. We will definitely return.