“excellent”

The Craiglands Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ilkley
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Well worth the money, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who was more than helpful and answered our questions. The room was delightful with wonderful views of the valleys, the only snagging issue was the bathroom although very clean was in need of a little tlc. As for the bed I WANT ONE it was the best nights sleep i have had in years

Thanks for a great experience

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GrumpyP71
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your review, really pleased to read that your stay was excellent.
Good to hear that bed was comfortable and your room was ok overall. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team who are always here to help in any way that they can to make the best possible experience for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Attended a wedding in June. Positives - Upon arrival we we're able to check in early. Room was big and clean but very basic. The wedding we attended was excellent and the food at the wedding breakfast was beautiful. Great location and Ilkley a lovely place. Now the hotel - it needs a major refurb. Hotel gardens and grounds need to be improved and attended to. Not enough outdoor furniture. Three weddings on the same day the hotel was totally unprepared, not enough staff. Staff have no customer service skills what so ever. House keeping staff were rude. The young lady manager was very unprofessional shouting at young members of staff in full public view of customers. Main bar small, drinks very expensive and service slow be prepared to wait a long time for your drinks. The breakfast was the worst we have ever had in a hotel, food so greasy we couldn't eat it, no plates, dirty tables and service slow.
Its such a shame as this hotel could be fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank But25
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for your review, good to read your room was ready on time and had a pleasant check-in. There were three events on that particular day however all had a fantastic time, we had nearly 600 guests on the premises and we have had only three negative comments about the whole weekend. Plus we had an issue with our till systems crashing that Saturday which meant for a period of time the tills were down whilst we fixed by changing them over from another bar. I am sorry though about the customer service side of things as my intention is always to deliver good customer service and on this occasion we simply got this wrong.
I am the new General Manager of the hotel currently been here just over 4 months and we are getting back on track with regards the right people, with the right attitude with the desire and wanting to do the job and completley committed.
I am glad the wedding itself and food were very good, breakfast the following morning needs looking into which I will fix as we did have a member of staff that day not turn in which meant we were on the back foot and would have delayed certain items - I apologise for this.
I do hope that it won't prevent you from booking again with the current lapse of standards at this particular moment in time.
I would very much like to discuss with you your experience at the hotel if you got the chance I would be grateful.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A fantastic hotel in the lovely town of Ilkley, from start to finish of my stay the service was brilliant the staff were friendly and very helpfull with all my needs
The room was perfect clean and tidy which is exactly what you want from a hotel room
Before I booked I was a little sceptical with the bad press but found it to be everything and more for a short stay and will be returning very soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ben R
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Many thanks for your review, really pleased to read that everything was well worth the visit and had an enjoyable time.
I will pass all your comments onto the team who are always willing to go the extra mile.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a wedding in June.Great location, rooms are comfortable and they day was value for money.Food was good.A dear place to stay for a short break.Barmeals are expensive and you are raped for drinks prices.
For what you have to pay service could be better.The night porter needs a lesson in customer service.Would I go again ....yes but only if it was for a special event someone invited me to.Forgot my phone charger have rang a couple of times but have not recovered it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Michalean
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your review, pleased to read that overall you had a good time and stay. Sorry you thought we were a bit expensive on the food and drink front. Most products are competitive to local market, there might be a couple of high end products which are a little more expensive as they cost us more and we have to charge accordingly.
Glad to hear that you would come back, I will investigate with regards to the night porter on duty as there is no excuse for poor customer service, my intention is always to deliver great customer service and on this occasion we simply got this wrong.
We do have a number of phone charges that get left behind either could you phone myself at the hotel or speak to reception again, I will notify them that you might phone again and hopefully we can return your charger.
I do hope your experience overall was satisfactory and would not prevent you from booking with ther hotel again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

A very enjoyable stay here a few weeks back. Very relaxing place with good scenery. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable.What stood out for me the were the friendliness of the staff. they were excellent. Defenitely worth a stay here. In addition to this my family and I really enjoyed the food

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank trix4663
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Many thanks for your review, really pleased to read that your stay and visit was just right and nothing was too much trouble for the team who are always willing to go the extra mile.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As a couple looking for a peaceful and stress free short break we could not have been more impressed with this hotel. A beautiful building set in a wonderful landscape. From arrival to checking out, we found the staff to be attentive without being intrusive and very helpful. Our room was clean and very comfortable including the bed and the hotel exuded an air of tranquillity which all combined to make our stay really refreshing. We are already planning a return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peebee44
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

As a mature couple looking for a short break we were not disappointed at The Craiglands Hotel. First impressions do count. We noted how clean our room was the bed linen was fresh and clean and the mattress comfortable Its the best night sleep we have had in a long time. The staff we courteous at all times and nothing was too much trouble for them. A perfect stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Arnoldclark1
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thanks for your review, great to read that your stay was comfortable and really good to read that you would come back again.
We want to be able to give a professional, informal service and always looking to throw in some good old Yorkshire hospitality.
I hope you found the corridors and stairs not too steep!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Ibis Bradford Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#1 of 2 in Shipley

Been to The Craiglands Hotel? Share your experiences!