“amazing wedding”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ilkley
Leeds
“amazing wedding”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We got married at the Craiglands on 27th July 2012 and had the most fantastic day. I was worried having read some of the reviews, but I cannot stress enough how fantastic the day was. Jessica and the team were fantastic, they organised everything on the day, even setting up all the favours and table plan etc that I had prepared

We had some fairly snooty guests (they know who they are!) but even they were impressed! The food was amazing, and everyone ate quickly. We had 80 guests. A pair of our guests did complain about their room, but they mere moved promptly and were very happy with their new room.

In the run up to the wedding I was constantly contacting Jessica to ask ridiculous questions and generally be a pest, but she was always very prompt to reply and extremely helpful and accommodating.

If I had to say anything negative, and im being very picky, it would be about the 'little touches'... I chose to make my own menus and seating plan, as the ones on offer were not very special for a wedding... but other than that there was nothing to improve on! Excellent value for money.

If you've booked your wedding here, I recommend ignoring the bad reviews (I can't personally understand them) and look forward to what will certainly be a beautiful day!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank MagicalLeeds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Filey, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and i went there for afternoon tea , a xmas treat , which it was not !!!!!!
We were in a room that had no table cloths , scratched tables , the food was appalling !!!!!!
as previous reviews, have said , shop bought cakes certainly , not homemade , rock hard scones ,and fruit cake , DRIED UP SANDWICHES, MADE WITH LEFTOVERS ,BY THE LOOK OF WHAT WAS INSIDE THEM ,
we told the waiter how disappointed we were with the afternoon tea , and how we rated it as been the worst afternoon tea experience we had ,had anywhere ever , he was very apologetic and said he would pass on our comments ,
Not what you would expect from the craiglands in ilkley, AVOID at all cost we wish we had , left feeling very let down ,by the whole experience

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank rubyrose27
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your views. We are sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with your afternoon tea experience. We can assure you that your comments have been relayed to all relevant department managers.
You may note from other reviews, the vast majority of our customers have been more than happy with afternoon tea

Again, I thank you for your comments & trust that you would consider returning to The Craiglands in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Ilkley hotels

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I got married at The Craiglands on 10/11/12. I have to say that the staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. We had a fantastic stay and everything ran smoothly that's to Jessica and Naz, overall a fantastic venue which we will be visiting again!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mrssewelltobe
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We have just had a 2 night stay at this hotel on our honeymoon and we enjoyed our stay from start to finish,we had an executive room which was lovely,the staff where very pleasant and helpful thru out,breakfast was very nice to,can't comment on the price we paid as this was bought as a wedding present for us.would stay here again,only down side was the horrible weather but it didn't stop us enjoying our time there,thank you

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth G
VAcil, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Elizabeth G,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted to read that both you and your husband enjoyed your time with us and it was a pleasure to look after you during your honeymoon.

Hopefully we will see you next year for your first anniversary.

Many congratulations on your marriage & we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Craiglands in the near future.

Kind regards

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited this hotel for Afternoon Tea (care of a discount voucher scheme). On arrival the car park and exterior of hotel look in good need of a clean-up. Soggy leaves everywhere, dirty ground floor windows, unkempt gardens. Reception was manned & very courteous staff showed us to the tea room which was spacious but tired with an assortment of furniture styles & old leather armchairs. We had ordered one gluten-free & one normal tea, but initially only one arrived which we thought was a bit mean even on the deal. The other 'tea' was brought. G/f option was unimaginative, sanwiches ok but all sweet options were shop bought with a raspberry or strawberry on top - even the Mr Kipling-like apple pie?? Quite disappointing - a couple of homemade g/f scones with jam & cream would have been a much nicer option. Less is more, y'know? Other 'tea' was ok, with offers of tea & coffee refills. Service was attentive & smiley but overall an eperience we wouldn't repeat. Hotel needs a complete overhaul, the silver teapot I was brought did not even have a knob on top, just a hole where it used to be. Sort of said it all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VAcil, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear nidderdalenomads,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your views. I am sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with your afternoon tea experience recently and I can assure you that your comments have been relayed to all relevant department managers.

I must state that I was somewhat surprised to read your comments concerning the food offerings, particularly the sweet desserts as we do indeed make our own scones & have looked after many guests with specific dietary requirements to their satisfaction. All other sweet options are provided by our speciality patisserie company and, as you may note from other reviews, the vast majority of our customers have been more than happy.

Regards

Rustington Littlehampton
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just had 4 days at Craiglands. Staff very pleasant especially the dining room staff. Food good but bedrooms left a lot to be desired. First time we used the shower the heat control knob came off and it was impossible to turn down the water which was much too hot. However the unit was replaced very quickly but from then on there was no hot water whatsoever from the shower for the rest of our stay. In some bedrooms the radiators were much too hot and other bedrooms had no heat at all. The whole plumbing system in the hotel obviously needs a complete overhaul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear juliadawn0,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your views. It is really pleasing to read that you found our staff & food to be excellent & I thank you for highlighting their efforts.

Your comments regarding the heating within your bedroom have been noted & are indeed being addressed at present. I am sure you will appreciate that with a building of over 150 years old, there is a constant need for maintenance & upkeep of the property. Unfortunately, these issues do arise on occasion, with no forewarning & as such, we are only able to respond retrospectively.

I am sorry that your stay was affected by this problem but I can assure you that all steps were taken at the time in order to minimise any inconvenience.

I sincerely hope that you would consider returning to The Craiglands in the future & I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

bradford
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Today as part of my mothers 80th birthday celebratations we went to afternoon tea at what we thought was the posh hotel in Ilkley .Oh how wrong were we . Arrived to an empty reception and only managed to be pointed in the right direction by a passing member of staff, entered a cold shabby bar area and was told by a young man stood behind the bar to sit where we wanted, which dirty table to choose? First comes the warm cheap bubbly. next the sad dried up sandwiches which were filled with cheap turkey roll and ham. Shop bought scones and fruit cake, chocolate brownies which had seen better days Bettys is only down the road so no excuse. Overall a very disappointing experience would not return.Hotel is run down, not very clean which is a worry when you are eating and staff not interested in your feed back,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mozzaBradford
Dear mozzaBradford,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to leave your comments & would also like to apologise if you were not entirely satisfied.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed as it enables us to monitor our performance & adapt accordingly. However, I do feel that your comments have been exaggerated somewhat and do not accurately reflect your time with us.

On the day of your visit we looked after over forty guests for afternoon tea, and received a large number of compliments & thanks. As such, I feel that, although you may not have been entirely satisfied with your experience, your comments may be slightly unfair.

It is a shame that you feel so strongly about your time with us & I am sorry that you feel that we let you down. This was most certainly not our intention. I hope that you would consider returning to The Craiglands in order that we may be able to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Many thanks

Grant Upton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
Dalesway Hotel
Oakwood Hall Hotel
Oakwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bingley
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa

Been to The Craiglands Hotel? Share your experiences!