“New goodies on the menu....”
Review of The Veggie

The Veggie
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Freshly cooked vegetarian food and cakes including gluten & dairy free.Freshly ground coffee,loose leaf teas and fresh fruit smoothies. All served in beautiful surroundings within the spa town of Ilkley.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I urge all meat eaters like me to give this place a try as it will completely dispel your notions of veggie food! The chef is quite clearly passionate about his food and it really shows. Its nearly always busy because the food and the service are great!

There are newer reviews for The Veggie

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to this cafe for a cup of tea and a piece of cake after a morning at the lido in Ilkley. I thought it would be a good place to get something gluten-free, since vegetarian places often are, and the menu in the window said they offered gluten-free bread as an option in some of the meals, and gluten-free cake was available. I chose a piece of gluten-free banana and walnut cake. It was good, but I noticed that the waitress served it with the same cake slice that she had just used to serve my husband's normal cake. I decided not to say anything because a small amount doesn't affect me too badly (I don't have coeliac disease) but perhaps I should have done. For people suffering from coeliac disease, it would be worth mentioning to the staff that gluten-free food should be served with separate utensils. Anyway, the cake was good, and the cup of tea was lovely. The staff seemed to be disorganised - it took a while for a coffee, a tea and two pieces of cake to arrive, and it all arrived at different times, but that's part of the charm of the place if you're not in a hurry (we were the only people in the cafe so it wasn't due to it being busy). The cafe is nicely decorated, has big windows onto the street, and has local artwork on the walls. All in all, it was very pleasant if somewhat slow, but more care should be taken with the gluten-free food.

1  Thank HBunyan
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I went there for lunch today and few other days and always was so lovely. Food is very good and look amazing as well. Lady who served us was very nice and a chef brought our food to table himself,that was so exeptional. I am a head chef in one of Ilkley's restaurant and I can tell that a chef when cooking this food puting so much Love in it. You can not find it in much places around here so I would strong recommend Veggie Cafe for everybody who want to go to eat something good and leave in very good mood:)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

You don’t have to be a vegetarian to appreciate this restaurant. We have had an evening meal at the Veggie 3 times within the last 8 weeks and the menu is always fresh and exciting.
I cannot recommend this establishment enough and it is the only place I have ever re booked whilst paying for my meal. The owner is extremely passionate about his food and it shows.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited for dinner and had a great evening. The staff are all friendly with the chef visiting the restaurant frequently to talk to the customers, offer tips and make sure we are all happy.
The food is incredible-extremely tasty and very good value for money. There is a very relaxed atmosphere and I would recommend it to anyone