“Converted carnivore!”

The Veggie
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving Freshly cooked vegetarian food and cakes including gluten & dairy free.Freshly ground coffee,loose leaf teas and fresh fruit smoothies. All served in beautiful surroundings within the spa town of Ilkley.
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here several times and always been keen to return for more! I will always eat fish & meat but now know that a meal can burst with flavour and variety without either, I'll be back!

3  Thank 1962Tim
There are newer reviews for The Veggie

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We visited The Veggie on our way home from the lakes and very glad we did. Food was yummy and we have eaten in lots of vegetarian and vegan restaurants. We had avocado & walnut salad with balsamic dressing and chickpea and lentil burger which came with wedges, salsa and humus. We finished off by sharing a scone with jam etc.

We will definitely be calling back if and when in the area again.

It was busy for a Tuesday lunch, which shows they are doing something right. Would love to try the evening meal.

2  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had lunch here today with a friend who is vegetarian. She has eaten here before and reccomended it. The raspberry, pineapple and mango smoothie I chose was gorgeous and I had the soup of the day butternut squash, sweet potatoe and coconut milk which was divine! The cafe was almost full and we luckily grabbed the last table. Its a cosy place, quite small and am uncertain whether you can book tables during the daytime. But it is definately worth a visit and I will certainly go again.

2  Thank credibles
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I visited Ilkley today with my friend. She had been to The Veggie before and suggested we go there for lunch. We chose the mezzes and they were very delicious. There were lots of different tastes, all very moreish. I would definately recommend this place to anyone who likes vegetarian food and indeed anyone who has not tried vegetarian food You won't regret it.

2  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The standard of food at this bijou restaurant is truly remarkable. My wife had a superb goats cheese tart with a delicate salad and I had a soup and meze combination that was to "die for" - the wanton with its delicate sauce was remarkable.
The staff were particularly friendly and made our dining experience unforgetable

2  Thank John G