“Lovely for lunch, menu choice limited though”
Review of The Fox

The Fox
Ranked #43 of 100 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: traditional Yorkshire village pub & restaurant
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised, lovely atmosphere, food arrived promptly and was good quality. However I thought the choice for lunchtime was limited unless you wanted to eat from the main menu. Would happily go again if I was in the area.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My title kind of says it all. The food is not at all bad, possibly above average... But I want it to be great!! The pub itself has everything going for it, it's cosy n warm, inviting, social, great atmosphere, fab wine. I love coming here for a drink with my friends... But sad to say on the few occasions I have eaten here, the food has let it down. The menu itself sounds great... But sadly for me hasn't lived up to expectations. Feel bad even writing this, but its only because I want them to step it up a gear.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After driving 200 miles home from working away all week, I decided to take my wife to The Fox for dinner tonight. Arriving to a lovely busy atmosphere and friendly greeting by the manageress, I had high expectations. Unfortunately that is where the favourable experience ended. For my meal I selected the steak and king pawns. The steak was fatty, chewy and very poor quality. After much deliberation, not wishing to spoil the evening out with my lovely wife, I decided to bring this to the attention of the waiter. I was eventually offered a refund for my meal. Perhaps they could recover from this situation? We decided we would have dessert, I in particular was still very hungry! But........The waiter decided to totally ignore us for half an hour, not even being offered the dessert menu. He passed our table many times and avoided making any eye contact. How rude. What a disappointing experience, we will not be patronising the Fox again. The fish and chips on the way home in Yeadon were wonderful!

2  Thank DrASmith
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful inside, the upstairs has a rustic, open wood, stone, look going on.

The main bar area is nice but nothing overly special. Food is generally good but we have had an 'off' occasion....ok value for money. Will visit again if famished and passing by.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Whilst is might be fashionable to say it is in Ilkley like estate agents say Baildon is near Leeds as opposed to Bradford. If you were staying in Ilkley and booked a taxi take you here you would be £25 down before you start. had a very acceptable lunch here, crab and crayfish cocktail plus slow cooked shoulder of Welsh lamb.
Very good indeed and much better than the precious time I visited.
Absolutely delightful waitress, very attentive and a nice smile and looked like she was enjoying the job she did.
Should not let you down this one.