“Bar t'at epitomises Yorkshire hospitality”
Review of Bar T'at

Bar T'at
Ranked #38 of 96 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ilkley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bar t'at epitomises Yorkshire hospitality”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Thanks to a former Canterbury cobbler Yorkshire folk have been singing various words to the hymn tune Cranbrook. On Ilkla Moor baht'at. It is from these we have Bar t'at. A former china shop on the edge of a Roman road it hase a unique character all it's own. No music, no TV, no slot machines. But plenty of Cask Mark Ales and wines of quality. Likewise the food. I have been eating here regularly for the past decade and only twice had cause for complaint some years ago. I would, nay will, recommend Bar t'at to everyone.

Many thanks to ALL the staff.

• Visited August 2013

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“As a bar - fantastic. Wouldn't try the food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This venue as a bar - for pre/post dining at Monkmans or The Box Tree e.t.c., or even as a nice pit stop after a walk along the Moor is simply FAB.
The amount of ale and wine on offer is a little treat. I would recommend the "3 mini pints" if you're spoilt for choice - a great way to sample and choose your best for the next round.
Really nice service, place and atmosphere.
Food looks very "pub/microwave" style and the little we got wasn't great. But if you are only looking for a quick bite then I'm sure it would do the job!
Will definitely be returning for a few more bevvies, thank you!

• Visited August 2013
Huddersfield
“great bar”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice atmosphere and tables are always available. We went for pre luch drinks prior to going to the amazing Monkmans next door.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rob-Huddersfield
brisbane
“GOOD EATING PLACE”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

seems to be some happy eaters and some unhappy eaters visiting this place. we visited twice, once as a group and once as a couple. found the food to be fine and the drinks were also good. it's a real ale lovers spot also. nice to watch the gyrations of the cars at the traffic junction whilst eating. LOL
good staff service. so I guess u take yr choice. personally I reckon it's a winner.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Nigel B
Leeds, UK
“Oh how I wish I wasn't driving!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Visited here to take a pal who was visiting the area out for a bite to eat. It was the first time I'd visited and would go again - but probably to the outlets of this small chain closer to home.
What a lovely range of beers and I saw tasters being offered to people who asked about specific ones. I was on the water as I was driving - what a pity! I must find the one closest to home this weekend!

We ordered food - there was a bit of a wait as it was cooked to order. My pal enjoyed her chicken breast and garlic/herb mash but found the chorizo with it on the spicy side (I say her fault not the dish!). I opted for the large size meat board. WOW! It was huge and delicious - best stifado I've ever tasted - I almost wish I opted for that as my meal as it was so tasty. Wonderful juicy and spicy Koftas, the mini burgers felt a bit out of place but they were nice.

With no room for pudding as we were both stuffed, we left after an enjoyable couple of hours having had a really good value feed and received good, friendly service too. And you really can't ask for more than that.

• Visited June 2013