“Pub not restaurant.”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Called in here for a couple of drinks before eating elsewhere.
Great pub with great atmosphere and an excellent choice of ales. Must admit I wouldn't fancy eating here as its defiantly more pub than restaurant, but the beers are fab.
Good buzzy pub, would return for the beers.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited Ilkley with friends on Saturday 9th February. After find this pub on the internet we decided to give it a go as it served real ales. I can honestly say the real ale was lovely and the food was excellent. Fresh and hot, they even made us up some home made apple sauce to go with our port (nice touch). Very friendly staff - would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank MazieC
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We came here for a business lunch on a Tuesday afternoon and I have to say that I was a little disappointed. We were the first customers in and placed our food order at the bar just before midday. The pub was really cold and we had to sit with our coats on for the whole of the meal.
Despite us ordering early, service was slow and we didn't get our meals until 12.40. I had ordered mozarella and tomato on ciabatta but when it arrived the mozarella had almost disapeared and the bread was really dry and over toasted. I had to leave the top half of my sandwich. That said, the homemade chips were really good and very plentiful- almost a full jacket potato's worth I would say. My friend had the roast beef sandwich, which was huge so not all of our party were disappointed and apparently the fish and chips are very good,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

For lunch, I ordered the smoked haddock risotto. When it came, it was swimming in liquid, more like a soup than a risotto, though tasty enough. When I asked about it, I pointed out that it wasn't a risotto and the waiter offered to replace it. When I left, another waiter said he was sorry the food hadn't lived up to my 'expected standards'. I gently pointed out that it hadn't lived up to the objective definition of a risotto! The place was pretty cold for a winter's day and the (steep) stairs leading to the toilets had a carpet well past its sell-by date. With so much competition locally, one would have thought that they would have tried harder on all counts.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This welcoming bar in the middle of the picturesque town of Ilkley is an oasis for real ale lovers but it also provides good choices of largers, wines and it also has a good quality and varied food menu.

1  Thank Nigel L