“Not enough staff, burnt food”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 98 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We called on a Thursday before Easter at around 8pm. We were greeted by a waitress and we asked how long for a table. We were told 5 to 10 minutes and to take a seat at the bar so we ordered a bottle of Prosseco. This was £27 but very nice. We sat for 30 minutes and still no table yet half of the restaurant was empty. After 45 minutes we were eventually seated next to another couple who also waited for a similar time. We quickly ordered a Calzone and a Tagiatelli dish because we were very hungry and had been told by the couple next to us they had only just received their starters after a 50 minute wait. After a further 15 minutes still no food and our bottle had ran out. I called the waitress over and complained that we had been in an hour and only offered two small pieces of bread. We said we would leave unless our food was sent soon. They apologised and within 5 minutes the food arrived. The Tagiatelli was lovely but my Calzone was burned underneath! Again I called the waitress over who again apologised and said that the oven was too hot! We ate up and went to pay. The waitress kindly knocked the bottle of Prosseco off of the bill but it was still a hugely disappointing night. The waitress said that both waiting and kitchen staff had let them down so they were very short staffed but they should not have said it would be 5 to 10 minutes.

1  Thank BarnsleyChappers147
There are newer reviews for Piccolino

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the food isn't bad. It's good quality but it's just a bit dull. There's nothing that jumps out at me from the menu beyond generic italian dishes I see all over the place. The actual venue is beautifully decorated and lit, supported by a good atmosphere. Recently I have eaten there twice, on the first visit I had the seafood pasta and on my more recent visit I had a pizza. The pizza, is hard to mess up, lets face it, it's a pizza and at £12+ for it, it should of been good. The pasta, was bland and uninspiring, I've made better at home. Which to me the whole point of eating out is to have things cooked brilliantly or things you couldn't easily make at home. I have a feeling the kitchen does a lot of reheating! I can't remember the price of the wine but it was only verging on OK, for the money I have had much better. Service is usually really good and it was this time if a little slow to take our orders but they were busy. In closing you know what you are going to get when you walk in the door, I don't think I'll ever been impressed with the food. If you want proper Italian in Ilkley go to emporio Italia round the corner. Its not pizza and pasta, its really home cooked food authentic food.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a pizza here as an evening meal with a glass of wine. Lovely ambience combined with efficient service. It was fairly quiet as I ate early but began to fill up quickly before I left. It appears to have a good reputation locally.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nicely decorated, staff very pleasant, food nice but horrendously expensive. Ilkley is not a cheap destination anyway but the prices were on the steep side. It is possible to eat a dish under £10 (pasta) but the majority are nearly £20.
This could be due to the fact that there were about 10 people in the restaurant but six in the kitchen and another six waiting staff.
The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce was good and tasty. Will we be going back?, the answer is no.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A small group of girls went a meal and catch up. The food was ok...but two of the girls were left waiting while everyone had their food. Three waiters served us two were rude and very short with us. Not the normal service.