“Rude waiting staff”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Ranked #14 of 95 Restaurants in Ilkley
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Leeds
“Rude waiting staff”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A small group of girls went a meal and catch up. The food was ok...but two of the girls were left waiting while everyone had their food. Three waiters served us two were rude and very short with us. Not the normal service.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Rooftop table a must”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Piccolinos are usually located in iconic buildings and are lavishingly fitted out with classy contemporary decor. This one however, goes the extra mile with its new rooftop area. Hat's off to the Individual Restaurants Group for making this investment.

For those who have not been, the roof of the original building has been converted into a bar/restaurant area with a relaxed 'chill-out' feel. The whole ceiling and walls retract (on a suitable day) to complete the alfresco experience, my fear is those suitable days will be few and far between!

Slight niggle is that infrared heaters have been installed to keep the room warm (any heat would quickly be lost through the thin walls and ceiling) and anyone who has sampled a british barbecue will know that this direct heat can be a bit overpowering to the face.

Definitely worth a visit, and if you are in the area on a warm day book a table! By the way, the food was fine!!

• Visited March 2013
“Mixed feelings......”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant on a busy Saturday night as a party of eight. In my opinion we got what is probably the best table in the restaurant in the bay window upstairs. The staff were attentive and I thought service was good.... Right until the end when the very expensive liqueur coffees (over £6.00 each) came with the first two coffees arriving and then the rest following twenty minutes later which was disappointing.

That said the food was good, the atmosphere really good, with a nice buzz about the place. It's certainly worth trying, we didn't experience some of the negative things that other reviewers have found (apart from the coffee)

Belper, United Kingdom
“A popular venue with good food but overpriced.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited on a busy Saturday night after booking earlier in the day.We both had pizzas,which were very good,but the price was a on the high side and the cheapest wine was £19.00 for a bottle of red.We did enjoy the atmosphere of the place and would probably return if we are up that way again.

Visited March 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Better than average!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wanted to give this restaurant a 3.5 (somewhere between good and very good). But it seemed I had to choose between average and very good, obviously there's quite a gulf betwix average and very good!
Anyway this restaurant defiantly falls in to the good to very good category. We took my little boy here for his 6th birthday tonight, it's the second time I'd been to this restauraunt and the food on both occasions has been fantastic at this price point.
My wife ordered the crab ravioli, I ordered spaghetti carbonara (we were having steak the following night, last time here I had the steak and all the steaks around us looked amazing!) my carbonara was good but my wife's crab ravioli was SO good, I ordered another but as a starter (I'm not greedy), this was lost in translation and they brought it out as another main course. I still managed to clean the plate and fit in a pudding!
In conclusion; this is a safe bet for a reasonable priced meal out, if I as from out of town I was still be going for the Box Tree, just around the corner. But for the money Piccolino can't be faulted.
One more thing the service was good, but sometimes a little bit keen, maybe because we were dining early, it was quite. When I tried to top my own wine glass up a waiter sprinted across the room to wrestle the bottle out of yay hand to poor the wine, I'd put this down to misplaced kindness.

• Visited March 2013