“Better than average!”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wanted to give this restaurant a 3.5 (somewhere between good and very good). But it seemed I had to choose between average and very good, obviously there's quite a gulf betwix average and very good!
Anyway this restaurant defiantly falls in to the good to very good category. We took my little boy here for his 6th birthday tonight, it's the second time I'd been to this restauraunt and the food on both occasions has been fantastic at this price point.
My wife ordered the crab ravioli, I ordered spaghetti carbonara (we were having steak the following night, last time here I had the steak and all the steaks around us looked amazing!) my carbonara was good but my wife's crab ravioli was SO good, I ordered another but as a starter (I'm not greedy), this was lost in translation and they brought it out as another main course. I still managed to clean the plate and fit in a pudding!
In conclusion; this is a safe bet for a reasonable priced meal out, if I as from out of town I was still be going for the Box Tree, just around the corner. But for the money Piccolino can't be faulted.
One more thing the service was good, but sometimes a little bit keen, maybe because we were dining early, it was quite. When I tried to top my own wine glass up a waiter sprinted across the room to wrestle the bottle out of yay hand to poor the wine, I'd put this down to misplaced kindness.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Judging by the other feedback, maybe this place is inconsistent. However, we had a very positive experience. The staff were attentive and the food excellent. The roof terrace was a new experience on this visit and we enjoyed the novelty. We'll be back

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Piccollino's roof terrace restaurant, I had a chargrilled king prawn, scallop and sea bream started. The sea food was amazingly fresh my partner had steak which was cooked perfectly. The amazing atmosphere only adds to the experience. We received complimentary drinks as we joined a points club and also received a £20 voucher too. Will definitely be going again. Really do recommend this place.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Friday evening on the roof terrace is like eating in a drafty disco. The music is annoying and prevents conversation.
The quality of the cooking was woeful. We sent a chicken breast back because it was still pink, only to be delivered another one which was worse!
This followed barely cooked prawns as an expensive starter.
Service was slow and the waiters regularly knocked into the back of my head as they bustled past to serve the next table.
The manager knew that the meal had been terrible and tried to make amends by arriving with unwanted liquers. He knocked a bit off the bill but only a token reduction.
Terrible evening, never again.

1  Thank MatthewPitt
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friend and I went on Friday night we were seated downstairs and the door was opening all evening it was very cold. We had to move while we started our meal. They need some heating for the winter. The service was very good. The pasta was average and the drinks a little expensive.