“It is getting worse....”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“It is getting worse....”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have been visting this restaurant since it first opened. The food was good, the service was good and the staff were always friendly and helpful. then it went downhill and continues to do so.
Staff are more interested in looking cool [especially those with rediculous ear pieces pretending to be US secret agents], food is ok when/if it comes but how often can they forget part of an order or even a full order? And what really annoys me is their ability to "exaggerate" the drinks consumed when the bill arrives, surely this is a deliberate company policy as it happens every time?
The roof garden is a great facility, if you can find a seat, if you can get a drink [staff too cool to serve] and if you can compete with a crowd average age 16!

• Visited August 2012

Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Unfortunate first experience, but they stepped up to make it right”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was really looking forward to my first trip to Piccolino's, but did leave mildly disappointed.

We had a table of 8, and I had to prompt for my starter, which arrived after everyone had finished. I then had a 35 day aged steak for main, which was ordered medium rare, but came back well (I could tell as soon as it sat on the plate). They were very apologetic for this, brought a fresh steak, and a portion of fresh chips, and removed the cost from the bill without any prompt at all - very professional, and they made it right. The steak did come back on the rare side, but I would prefer to err on this side, and it was very tasty!

They have a wonderful roof terrace upstairs, which is a real triumph. I'd also say that everyone else enjoyed their meals in our party - I just think I was a little unfortunate. I'll probably give it another go, but would avoid the steak next time.

• Visited September 2012
Lancashire, England
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have had a superb meal here but on this occasion just wanted a coffee. We sat in the new roof terrace which is fab. The waitress was excellent. We ordered croissants which were not on the menu. The waitress said they had some for the staff and brought us two and then didn't charge us for them. We will definitely be back.

skipton
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We visited here on Saturday night. We could only book at 6.30 or 9pm so chose to go sooner rather than later. When we arrived the receptionist asked if we wanted to have a drink at the bar first which we declined because we were not early. She set off upstairs at a great pace and we struggled to keep up with her. We were given a table for four which was good because all too often the tables for two are not large enough. The tables were set in a line with barely enough room to get between. We sat to one side but moved when another couple arrived at the next table because they were so close they might as well have joined us.we ordered from our Italian waiter. Service was fairly slow for everything and it was not busy on that floor. All the staff spoke Italian loudly to each other which I did not care for. The waiter who served us had sweat marks under his arms which was not attractive. The waiter who brought our food insisted on rearranging the table and moving everything. We had calamari and garlic bread and a pizza each. 2 glasses of wine and 2 bottles of water. The bill was just under £50. I was not impressed really by the food or service and will not be rushing back.

• Visited September 2012
Strasbourg, France
“A smart place and a truly Italian ambiance in the heart of Ilkley.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We hadn't got a bookin but arrived early and hungry so were able to get in. If you want to eat after 19:30 make sure you book for this popular venue. Food was of great quality and plenty of quantity. Service was eccellent. I have been here a number of time when passing through Ilkley and it is well worth the detour.