“Perfect Evening”
Review of The Wheatley Arms

The Wheatley Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wheatley Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 100 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

After spending the day with my partner walking Ilkley Moor, we decided to stop by The Wheatley Arms for a bite to eat. It was set in the middle of a beautiful village with great views. There was a car park on site with plenty of spaces.

We were welcomed straight away by friendly staff and taken to our seats. The décor was absolutely stunning, with a traditional theme throughout but with a modern twist and the ambience was lovely and peaceful.

There was a wide variety of choice on the menu and we were also given a specials menu and a set menu where three courses were only £11.95. My partner and I shared some chicken wings with a honey glaze. Then for starters, I had grilled baby goat’s cheese and tomato bruschetta. Main, I had pan-fried duck, smooth mash, mushrooms and a raspberry marjoram jus (my favourite dish of the night) and for dessert I had the chocolate 'W' (which we had to share haha!).

The food was phenomenal, the portion sizes were plentiful and as you will be able to see from my pictures, the presentation was spectacular. The prices though, are a little higher than your typical pub prices, however, the quality and presentation of the food reflects this, making the prices great value for money.

I had previously read some great reviews of this place, which was the reason for visiting. But I was a bit apprehensive on how the service would be after several comments I had read. However, it could not have been faulted. The staff were friendly and polite and very attentive, every time our glasses were low or plates were empty they would be straight over with a smile on their faces.

I cannot rate this place enough and we have already planned our next visit for when my partner and I go on our next hike.

nitramYorkshire, Owner at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you so much and FANTASTIC pictures too! How kind of you we are chuffed to bits THANK YOU

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having been to one of The Wheatley Arm's sister 'pub's' before, I was excited to hear the Manager and chef had moved to The Wheatley, so seized the opportunity to try it out.
As I don't live near, me and my friends all booked a room, also allowing us to have a few wines!

It was perfect, the hotel is beautiful, the décor is relaxed but stylish and the vibe is lively.
The staff were polite and chatty and really made us feel welcome.
And the food, THE FOOD.... it was truly scrumptious. We all had 3 courses and we weren't disappointed by one, each was just as tasty as the previous

After reading some reviews on here I find it rather sad that a few small minded people are really out to get, because I can guarantee this hotel was PERFECT in every way and I'm glad me and my friends decided to stay here, AND we will most certainly be returning!

Thank you!

nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review we are THRILLED you enjoyed you stay and thank you so much for letting us know Kate and the Team

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The scampi and chips are excellent and a good sized portion. The Decor is relaxing and a great place to go for the girls. It feels less like a pub and more of a resturant. Very friendly service

thank you so much for taking the time to write a review we are thrilled it really makes all the difference to us that you tell us and of course 66 million others!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

As locals, we are often in The WA. Each time we visit, we have an enjoyable meal with friendly service. My husband is a particular fan of the local ale, Mary Jane. Would also recommend the Sunday lunch and the tasty Sticky Toffee Pudding :)

nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

We are so pleased that you like your local we do too! Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent lunch today. Food every bit as good as we expected - and a reasonable price. The staff were most attentive and the atmosphere good and relaxed.

nitramYorkshire, Owner at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

for your lovely review we are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and certainly look forward to welcoming you again very soon!