“I have a new favourite in Yorkshire”
Review of The Wheatley Arms

The Wheatley Arms
Ranked #2 of 10 Ilkley B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am up in this region often and as yet I struggle to find anything I could say I like to return to, in the past I stayed at the more expensive Chevin Lodge but have never been happy
The Wheatley is a little further out for me but we'll worth the extra distance as I could not fault the place
I was greeted by a very helpful friendly lady at reception who was able to advise me which room would be most suitable, the room was better than most at this price range and with more home comforts
The food in the restaurant was also exceptional, I had the prawn cocktail with a twist and will have it on my next visit
A good nights sleep a nice meal and a couple of pints of local Ale means that I will be returning

Room Tip: I had initially booked an extra comfort room but it did not have a bath I was then given Room 5. Thi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Well we are all very happy that you have found us too!!! with a lovely,fantastic and complimentary review!!!!

we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind Regards

Kate & Team Wheatley

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I joined a large group here for our Annual Luncheon. Numbers should have been restricted - the dining area was much too crowded, subsequently very noisy and claustrophobic. The meal took and AGE to serve - about an hour between each course - very tedious. I think more staff should have been brought in for such a lot of people. Also the room was too hot.
The food was nice - hot and tasty - but the menu said gravy and there was none, so a bit dry.
I haven't stayed here for a night and it's certainly a nice building, but I just wasn't as impressed with the service and food as I wanted to be.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Firstly I would just like to mention that we did not actually sell tickets for the luncheon. It was the organisers,and they were fully aware of how many people could fit into that room. We were actually 14 covers off full capacity on the day.

We followed the itinerary for the day as was given.

We were initially told that everything was running 20 minutes behind schedule(late arrivals etc) and due to the fact that there was a guest speaker who spoke for 45 minutes before lunch as well as another speaker after each course it perhaps did seem like an AGE before you got your food..On occasions like this it is not always the venue that is at fault.....
Kind Regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed in room 9 upstairs under the roof. The room has a bath tub in the room in addition to a shower in the bathroom. Very original. Good decoration, unsecure parking and no lift. So travel light. We found this stop to be very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. Room 9 is MY favourite room!!! Yes unfortunately no lifts but plenty of willing staff more than happy to help.Let us know next time and you won,t have to lift a finger (or bag)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Only stayed one night, no major problems but restaurant service very slow. not a problem as we were not in a hurry. Staff friendly and welcoming. bed comfortable and the shower was very good. Good quiet location.

1  Thank Sheila B
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review..We are certainly very pleased that we have managed to tick a majority of boxes for you. At busier times in the restaurant there will unfortunately be slightly longer waiting times for food. We are pleased you were not in a hurry and apologise for any delays...

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed in a club room with deck area. The room was well equipped. The bed was comfortable. The shower room had a large shower . The staff were very helpful and the room was clean. Only criticism was noise from the next room which was clear despite the neighbour being relatively quiet. Noise from kitchen fans could be heard too. It didn't prove a problem for us. Breakfast well cooked high quality ingredients. It was nice to relax in the pleasant bar surroundings.

Dear Titch,

Thank You for your lovely review..We do unfortunately have the kitchen fans but we do always try when ever possible to close them down as soon after food service as possible. I will certainly look into the noise from adjoining room. If you come again please mention to a member of staff on booking. We do have alot of rooms which are probably a little quieter.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have to be honest we tried to rebook the Wheatleys sister hotel The Tempest Arms but couldnt get in - but I am glad we didnt because we wouldnt have fund how lovely The Wheatley Arms is and we will be going back and not as a second choice next time - the hotel and restuarant are well presented and comfortable and clean as are the rooms, the food is excellent and the service and the staff could not be faulted, they were friendly helpful and cheerful - this is an excellent choice for a weekend stay - I am already trying to plan our next escape !

1  Thank Wendisgirls
nitramYorkshire, Owner at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

How super to have two great Inns to choose from! I am over the moon that you liked our Wheatley Arms we do too! So here's to the next time! Cheers and all the best to you thank you from all at Individual Inns!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

spent 3 nights here . a great experience, cant fault the Hotel in any way. staff wonderful. rooms well appointed , food very good ,in fact a fantastic Hotel , and set in a nice area , we will be going there many more times,so its 10 out of 10 from me. last thing it the best bed iv"e ever slept in.

Room Tip: We looked at a few rooms all good , room 10 was our room loved it .very cosy nice hot shower and a w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Wheatley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your FAB review we are chuffed to bits you liked our Inn we do too! look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
The Craiglands Hotel
Dalesway Hotel
Dalesway Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ilkley
Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to The Wheatley Arms? Share your experiences!