All reviewsthe penthousethe pubtop floorsunday carverymain roadbrilliant locationspacious roomjacuzzi bathgreat yorkshiresaturday nightgreat place to staystayed here for one nightgreat weekendfew drinkshome from homepiefull english
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food says home made.... its certainly not. I had a beef Yorkshire pudding. Beef was the stuff you cook in the bag in the microwave ,,, roast potatoes well 2 was home made but hard the other 2 was frozen and as for the Yorkshire pudding well it had no taste what's so ever. Tables were dirty and we also found a hair in one of our children's meals. Would never go there again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank clarelouise1989
ian c, Owner at Dalesway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I would like to point out that no one else agrees with this opinion.
We have won Best Food in Ilkley 2011 and 2012 with our brand of homemade pub food. (As voted by the public not some "in house" award).

We buy all local produce from suppliers in the town and they are particularly annoyed with the review. Too many places provide "ready made" food and we certainly do not.

Any guest is welcome to visit our chef/cook - Rose, who has worked here for 20 years and watch her preparing fresh meals from goods delivered daily.

Yorkshire Puddings.
We get loads of brilliant comments about our homemade Yorkshires and if this reviewer doesn't like them then perhaps they are used to the "supermarke frozen variety" !

How can a roast potato be frozen on our premises ? We peel and cook them fresh for every meal service and never keep any at the end of each day. Ridiculous.

The old chestnut about finding a hair in food. I would be demanding to speak to the manager immediately if it happened to me , something it appears this reviewer neglected to do. Odd.
Perhaps a DNA test would solve the question of how it got there.

Finally, I do not as an owner like to have to tackle a guest review but I will not stand by and see our chef and staff's hard work ruined in one ill informed review.
Ian.
Owner/Manager.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night as takes dogs. Is an old building and decoration basic. Furniture basic, cleaniness of bathroom okay. Bed comfy. Did not have breakfast so no comment but the reviews suggest great food but on arrival between 6-8pm only handful people in and no one eating !. Went to station for great curry. Is a 2/3 star. Okay as place to lay your head.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Came here the other weekend for a break with my children aged 10 and 8 and our first trip away with our 6 month old Border Terrier... Wow.. The room was very clean with lovely fresh bedding and a nice size. We didn't eat here as we had a walk out.. but I have to say it looked and smelled lovely.. I love Ilkley - such a beautiful town and a lovely variety of shops and all in all a lovely weekend away.. Dalesway is the perfect location, right next to the river, the Dalesway walk, park, shops and restaurants.. Will definitely return.. and bonus we met 2 lovely people who come here regularly with their Border Terrier Gem.. Loved it and they were lovely company.. Thank you for a lovely weekend.. and highly recommended is Lishmans of Ilkley.. Quality butchers, deli and pie shop...! Went in for a pack of sausages and £70.00 later I walked out... but the some of the best meat I've ever bought...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carlene_warman
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at dalesway for our wedding anniversary. On arrival we had a very warm welcome. The room we stayed in was one of the more expensive ones and it was comfortable and clean, we even had a memory foam matteress which was so comfy!! It had all the facilities in the room you would expect, iron and board, tea coffee facilities, tv with satellite and a power shower and even a whirlpool bath which was fantastic!
We had a few drinks in the bar that evening after we'd been for our meal to a restaurant and the atmosphere was lovely and the locals and staff were very friendly.
Our breakfast was delicious and great value for money.
There's no parking on site however you can park on the street or church opposite for free!
Overall it was a fantastic hotel and I would definitely recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nwilliams82
Reviewed June 13, 2013

2 Adults & 3 Dogs had a wonderful time. This hotel has it "off pat". from the lovely welcome from the young man behind the bar to the evening bar staff to the "nothing is too much trouble" attitude at breakfast. Their attitude to our dogs is well rewarded by the owners care in keeping them all under control (who wants to spoil a great venue ?) - felt a bit sorry for the resident lab though, luckily he is so laid back.
Only suggestions I could make are 1. Put a sign out the back to remind some owners to clean up after their dogs (there are always some) and ensure residents have the latest password for the wi-fi connection. Minor but I did promise to put something - continuos praise can get boring !!
I have already highly recommended the Dalesway and will continue to do so and would go out of my way to stay again when we are next in the area. Many thanks to all involved.
Dee Carpenter. Telford. Sam Jack & Ben send their best too !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends