“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Martha and Vincent's - CLOSED

Martha and Vincent's
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After Martha and Vincent being recommended by dome friends I took my girlfriend here for our 3rd anniversary. Upon arrival we had drinks at the bar and we were not rushed to our table. To follow we were given some lovely canapés and homemade breads. For starter we shared an assiette which was wonderful, little bits of each starter! For main I had fillet of beef Wellington which was cooked to perfection and just melted in the mouth. My girlfriend had Turbot which I was told was also excellent. As our knowledge of wines is fairy limited we were recommended what to have and they complimented the dishes really well. For desert we both opted for the toffee soufflé, it was out of this world! To summarise the food was excellent the staff very attentive and the atmosphere relaxed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My Mother-In-Law treated my wife, my Sister-In-Law and I to a meal to celebrate her birthday. She is a celiac (gluten intolerant) and after advising the restaurant they were very helpful offering advice regarding gluten free options. There was plenty of choice on the menu for Sunday lunch. I would especially recommend the Rabbit Terrine and Pan Fried Perch. For pudding I chose Sticky Toffee pudding - very good, and my fellow diners opted for the Lemon and Lime Soufflé which I was told was wonderful.
Service was relaxed and courteous and atmosphere peaceful.

1  Thank Roy J
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice restaurant with a view out onto The Grove. Comfortable seating (hate those wooden chairs with no back support that you often get these days), warm, pleasant unobtrusive music and excellent service. We had two courses from the special lunch menu at £12.95, which were delicious, as were the selection of home-made breads to start and chocolate truffles to finish. The presentation was dainty, and the portions suited me, but if you are a big eater I would suggest ordering three courses.

1  Thank chris g
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Didn't ring until 2pm, great to be able to have somewhere that will serve lunch at that time and not look troubled when we were still there at 3.40pm.

Had a really pleasant lunch, with friendly, attentive service, and nice food. You couldn't not like it.

1  Thank Eaterist
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Four of us opted for the £10.95 menu which included a glass of house wine and a main course. No complaints whatsoever, the staff were very friendly and the service was efficient. I had the beef shin with glazed carrots and horseradish mash and it was very tasty. The bread platter is a nice touch. All in all good value, good service and good food to boot!

1  Thank El_Capitan_UK