“Pups love pupcakes”

The Lamppost cafe and boutique
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Pups love pupcakes”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Four adults, two kids and three dogs squeezed in here. Dogs loved sharing the pupcakes and humans loved the novelty!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Julie S

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely place - shame about the brusque manner”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Dog loved it. I loved the place, coffee was brilliant but visit spoiled by brusque off hand manner of the proprietor Claire.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Amanda E
Derby, United Kingdom
“Perfect for Human and Hound! ”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited The Lamppost on Sunday with a friend for teas and cakes. The food and drinks were all well priced and the cakes were both tasty and generous portions! Friendly staff and love the building/style. The dog-friendlyness is a great idea, and seemed to be very popular on the day with lots of puppies and their owners. The cafe also follows the 'pay it forward' movement, seemed to have a good level of support and is such a simple lovely thing to do.

Will definitely revisit and recommend!

2 Thank missyrach
“Brilliant concept, such a shame the service was dreadful :-(”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I'd waited almost a year to come to the Lamppost and was really really looking forward to it.
The menu sounded delicious and advertised that the breakfast food was served all day.

My son wanted a croissant, but there was none left. So I ordered him a crumpet (the same as my other son was having)

Our order was:
2x crumpet
1 x feta on toast
1x sweet potato

45 minutes later we were still waiting! Not much fun, when we have a hungry child with autism to entertain.

The sweet potato arrived and then 5 minutes later one portion of crumpets. We then received an apology , unfortunately there was not another portion of crumpets for my others son (they'd run out ) . Instead of telling us this 45 minutes ago, they told us after placing down the food In front of my other son.
5 minutes later came my husband's burnt feta on toast.

The young guy serving was apologetic and gave me the money back for the other crumpet. I explained that I wasn't going to wait another 45 minutes and order something else. My son had a pain au chocolat.

My sweet potato was absolutely delicious. The whole concept is brilliant . The venue is clean and really homely. I really really wanted to like this place :-(

The day we went , there was a local dog show on. Surely if it was busier than normal , the staffing could have been planned ahead and extra customers expected?
Having said this, not every table outside was taken.

I don't tend to give negative reviews, but honestly I've never eaten anywhere where we have been told that something we've ordered isn't available, 45 minutes later after serving half of the table .

Gutted.

• Visited August 2014
8 Thank Dazzlegirl01
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Quirky cafe”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a day out in Hebden bridge intending going to the lamppost cafe as the dogs had previously had some cakes from the cafe - and loved them.
The cafe was very busy lots of people and dogs, we found a table and looked at the menu, which was a little limited for hot food for humans.
When we went to order the staff seemed a little disorganised and I was really disappointed in the choice for the dogs at the time we were there as people had told us about all the different dog cakes. We made our choice and sat and waited after a while a few different orders were brought to our table - not ours!
I think they need a better system
Our order got mixed up and we ended up with wrong food and food arriving at very different times - but even with all that we enjoyed the cafe and the staff were very helpful and apologetic and gave the dogs some dog treats - which the dogs loved !
The human hot food was ok but the carrot cake was lovely. The dogs loved the fact they had their own bowl were made very welcome and they really loved the buns and treats.
We would definitely go back and would recommend it.

Visited August 2014