“Dog Friendly Cafe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great place to visit when out doggy walking. They are equally dog friendly as human friendly. Had the soup which was delicious and Dolly the dog enjoyed her cake.

1  Thank JillDyer

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nice slab of cake , just what you need after a long walk. That's what my my dogs told me.I agreed and we headed for the lamppost . Had a lovely slice of carrot cake and a coffee whilst the dogs got lots of fuss and there own slice of "doggie cake " . Great idea for a coffee shop with a difference .

1  Thank Melzimoo77
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a completely revolutionary experience for my border terrier Basil and I.
I cannot understand why it is not more common with the power of the hound pound!
The welcome was evident from the moment we crossed the threshold to the counter displaying dog and human cakes and muffins.
Dog beds bowls and a warm and cosy fire. Lovely rustic furnishings.
Now that could all be worth little if the food did not live up to the welcome and surroundings.
Not to worry, the food is exceptional. We had the plough mans salad mixed with apple red onion and feta. Absolutely delicious. And the cakes were lovely too.
Basil had no complaints with his peanut butter muffin.
I only wish I lived closer, I would visit as often as I could. Why can't more cafes embrace dogs and owners. We are respectful punters! I look forward to getting here again and so does Basil.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went for the first time today with our 14 week puppy. A wonderful place with the best jacket potato I have had in years, the healthy feta, hummous and rocket topping was just delicious. Looking forward to going back often.

1  Thank chall2431
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been a couple of times to The Lamppost, on both occasions by myself but with two (reasonably) well-behaved labs. On both occasions I and my dogs have been made to feel most welcome.

It's not just that they welcome dogs, they positively encourage them - with the special doggy treats, water bowls and jugs of water, towels and beds (a really nice touch as most of the flooring is stone so could be a bit cold/hard for dogs to settle on for long). But what I really appreciate, being on my own, is somewhere sturdy to tie the dogs whilst I get my order or if I needed to visit the loo. Not just a nice, but a very practical touch. Thank you

1  Thank travellerhx