“Wish there was a lamppost cafe in every town!”

The Lamppost cafe and boutique
Ranked #18 of 69 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Wish there was a lamppost cafe in every town!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a completely revolutionary experience for my border terrier Basil and I.
I cannot understand why it is not more common with the power of the hound pound!
The welcome was evident from the moment we crossed the threshold to the counter displaying dog and human cakes and muffins.
Dog beds bowls and a warm and cosy fire. Lovely rustic furnishings.
Now that could all be worth little if the food did not live up to the welcome and surroundings.
Not to worry, the food is exceptional. We had the plough mans salad mixed with apple red onion and feta. Absolutely delicious. And the cakes were lovely too.
Basil had no complaints with his peanut butter muffin.
I only wish I lived closer, I would visit as often as I could. Why can't more cafes embrace dogs and owners. We are respectful punters! I look forward to getting here again and so does Basil.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Susan B

Halifax, United Kingdom
“A fab place.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went for the first time today with our 14 week puppy. A wonderful place with the best jacket potato I have had in years, the healthy feta, hummous and rocket topping was just delicious. Looking forward to going back often.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank chall2431
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A friendly welcome for you and your pooch(es)”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been a couple of times to The Lamppost, on both occasions by myself but with two (reasonably) well-behaved labs. On both occasions I and my dogs have been made to feel most welcome.

It's not just that they welcome dogs, they positively encourage them - with the special doggy treats, water bowls and jugs of water, towels and beds (a really nice touch as most of the flooring is stone so could be a bit cold/hard for dogs to settle on for long). But what I really appreciate, being on my own, is somewhere sturdy to tie the dogs whilst I get my order or if I needed to visit the loo. Not just a nice, but a very practical touch. Thank you

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travellerhx
Hebden lass
“Dog paradise!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Seriously though, even if you don't have a dog, this place is a great cafe. The coffee is the best in Hebden and the lunches (soups and salads) are delicious. The novelty cakes for dogs seem to go down well and the whole place makes you want to go out and steal a dog to take in. We are getting one soon, so will feel right at home!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank HebdenlassJoan
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Take a dog!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Extremely good soup, and wonderful coffee and cake. Lovely staff. we had muddy boots but this was no problem at all. what was a problem was that dogs were welcome, very welcome, and some of the other customers didn't seem to appreciate that you might want to be able to sit down and that they needed to move their dogs to enable you to!

Visited January 2014