“A real gem!”

Lovegrows
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I visited Lovegrows with friends today and what a find! We were greeted with a smile and the staff couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. The menu is enticing with a great deal of choice and the food is delicious. The tea room has a contemporary feel but is full of character. I would thoroughly recommend Lovegrows and am looking forward to my next visit

1  Thank Helen L

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This tea room is a real hidden gem in a beautiful area. There is seating upstairs and downstairs, and the decor is both crisp and contemporary.

The owner was very friendly, and equally as helpful. She prepared afternoon tea for us at 1130 am, purely because we were on a tight schedule and couldnt eat any later.

There is an interesting selection of sandwich toppings, and the selection of homemade breads included low g.i, which was very tasty.

The only real niggle I would have, is that we would have each preferred a bit more for the price. However, the quality made up for the quantity.

All in all, a wonderful venue. I would be happy to visit again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Once again tripadvisor reviews haven't let us down. Glad we read the reviews or perhaps we wouldn't have found it as it's quite hidden and up some steep steps. The coffee was good and the cakes delicious. We shared a carrot and orange cake and a fruit scone with homemade jam. As we were eating a delicious afternoon tea went by. Sounded good value. Staff very friendly and chatty. Lovely décor and some interesting products in the shop -both edible and gifty. A good find.

1  Thank Bongo60
Reviewed February 26, 2014

As a coeliac of a year I have begun to find less joy in going out for food due to the stress of finding something you can actually eat. Step up Love Grows. This little cafe is simply amazing. They always have homemade cakes, with at least half being gluten free and lovely. They have a huge range of foods and can adapt nearly any meal as they have sourced gluten free bread that, quite frankly, is the best gluten free bread I have ever tried.
Coupled with the fact that the owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have been here three times and they are always chatty and friendly and clearly have a passion for their food. On the first visit my Dad was asked if he liked halloumi, after his reply of yes the owner brought up a halloumi pitta bread that he was trying out. No charge, just wanted some feedback. I ordered the ploughman's twice and there is so much delicious cheese. I was asked if I was a big cheese fan and on saying I loved it, I was furnished with a 'really nice blue' the owner had in the fridge. To see if I liked it. This really has the personal touch, with all the food clearly being explained and assured it was gluten free.

I would urge everyone to try out this lovely little cafe (although save me a table!).

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited here a couple of times now. Always a fresh selection of soup, sandwiches etc and they do an afternoon tea that I will
Most definitely try next time. We both really enjoyed our lunch and lovely coffee and service too. I have gluten free bread and it's the best I've ever had. I bought a loaf to bring home with me!

1  Thank kacca