“Well deserved high ranking”

Muse Music and Love Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Very good place for a light lunch or snack. We chose a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and some quiche, which both came with a side salad. They were both fresh and seriously tasty. The coffee was excellent and the hot chocolate was as rich and smooth as the menu suggests. The cakes looked good too, although we didn't indulge on this occasion. The service was genuine, friendly and attentive (without being in your face). The Love Cafe's high ranking is well deserved.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have trouble sleeping if I drink coffee after midday so today, on my first visit, I went for the hot chocolate. The best I've had - tasty, rich, not too sweet and was served piping hot. I chose a toasted ham sandwich - locally sourced ham - on wholemeal bread - delicious! A supremely fresh side salad accompanied the sandwich. Prices are very reasonable for such excellent quality produce.The selection of music, both over the speakers and on sale, covers all genres although the atmosphere is definitely what I'd call 'hip' - in the 60s/70s meaning of the word. With friendly yet non-intrusive service and a relaxed mood, you could almost be supping a beverage in your own living-room. I had already heard and read many good reports of this cafe and am only sorry that I haven't road-tested it sooner. It will certainly be on my regular list of haunts from now on.

1  Thank anniehonjo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hebden Bridge isn't short of cafes but this is a cracker. Not only do you get a warm, chatty welcome, delicious home made cakes, great music (courtesy of Sid) but Valeen makes the best macciato this side of Cortona. Fact!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very friendly women when I stopped in on a rainy day. The dog was welcome which was really nice and I had a generous mocha with extra hot chocolate and a lovely fudge brownie. Music and funky decor too, not a quiet cup of tea place.

1  Thank Mor31
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were on a short walking holiday to Yorkshire,and visited Hebden Bridge on a sunny Sunday recently. By chance found this little café. Our kind of music was playing,so we ventured in. What a delight ! Hot chocolate made with real chocolate,and a good cup of tea,with a tasty local delicacy, which was halfway between a scone and a cake,delicious.

The music was varied, and playing so we could hear it ,but not too loudly. There was a nice,friendly atmosphere,relaxing for us.

We bought a Richard Hawley CD,as a momento of our day in Hebden Bridge,which we are enjoying now we are home in Scotland. We had a good day's walking too.

Café was bright and clean,also the toilets.

2  Thank rose w