“A great restaurant/ bar in a lovely location”
Review of The Old Gate

The Old Gate
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurant, serving dishes ranging from sandwiches & burgers to a la carte dishes and fresh seafood. Modern British/European Cuisine
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had come to have a wander in hebden bridge and came across the restaurant/bar. You could sit downstairs and order at the bar or you could sit upstairs and it was waiter service. We went upstairs as it was very busy downstairs and a few people were there just for the bar. The menu had a great choice we had king prawns to start, then I had a cheese, roasted vegetables and olive platter and my husband had a burger. All the food was lovely and good value. We would definitely recommend and would go back again.

1  Thank EmmaMLeeds

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Me and my husband visited the old gate on a busy sat night, the bar downstairs was very busy but we were served quicky the bar staff were a little rude though which is why I gave 4 stars instead of five. On going upstairs to the restaurant we were met by a lovely waiter who showed us to our table quicky, he returned to take our order quicky and it was only a short wait until our starter arrived, we chose the special which was a combi of chicken, meat kebabs, stuffed peppers, nan breads and mint and sweet chilli dips (to share) the chicken was to die for and I would have the same again. We had a short wait until our mains arrived which did not disapoint my husband had the corn fed chicken which he finished (something he never does) and said it was amazing. I had the buttered duck which was cooked perfectly. The waitness was always on hand for drinks and was chatty and happy, I will be returning soon to this lovely restaurant.

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We called at Hebden Bridge over Bank holiday as we're in the area visiting family. There were 8 of us visiting Hebden Bidge. After a walk along the canal we wanted some where to sit and have drinks. We came across Old Gate and found a table large enough for 8 of us to sit outside.In the lovely Yorkshire sunshine . We only had coffee's and cold drinks. I am very fussy with my coffee but enjoyed it here very much . Service was good and we thought the inside was very welcoming. When we saw the Sunday lunches coming out for other customers we wished we had booked a meal there. ( we had a meal booked for 7 pm in the evening where we were staying) . So when we do this trip again next year we will be booking a table ,for a meal at this lovely pub. Can't wait.

1  Thank tobyHertfordshire
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Went early one afternoon, were the first customers to order food and it was exceptional. The chateaubriand was to die for, it really was lovely. However, decided to call for Sunday lunch one day, the place was busy and to be quite honest it was awful. The veg was undercooked and hard and I like it al dente! The beef was tough and fatty, it really was a disappointment. Will go again but only on a quiet weekday afternoon I think!

2  Thank AuroraLeigh
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We only had a bottle of wine in this pub, which we found lovely, but expensive at just under £20 a bottle. The pub was very relaxed, the chairs comfy and the surroundings we pleasant.

1  Thank Ruby37