“Good pub food and real ale”
Review of Stubbing Wharf

Stubbing Wharf
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Huddersfield
“Good pub food and real ale”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been here a few times sometimes just for a quick drink - they have an ever changing selection of real ales - but usually for Sunday lunch. The pub is a traditional style pub with plenty of parking (important in Hebden Bridge!) and a lovely canal side setting just outside of the main town area. It's cosy in winter and the outside tables are lovely in summer. I always have something different from the menu - pie, burger, roast dinner - all are good. I had chicken with sundried tomatoes in a creamy sauce with spinach on my most recent visit. Very tasty and it came with lots of freshly cooked veg. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful and there's plenty of them so you don't have to wait long for drinks or food

Visited August 2013

“Best food/ pub in Hebden”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Beer is good. Food is good. What's not to like? You need to book if you want to eat mind. I have the giant home cooked and battered fish and chips often, and the Taylor's Landlord is always well kept.

Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“even the ducks complained”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

called in to the stubbing wharf for a spot of tea as we had been there on a few occasions for drinks and had always very much enjoyed the atmosphere.. we tried the menu for the first (and last) time tonight 20/08/13.. the staff were very friendly and helpful as i only wanted prawns with my salad and this in no way was a problem.. my partner opted for the "famous" wharf burger.. it did not take long to arrive.. the chips were lovely but the burger was dry and bland with a few wilted greens on the side which was described on the menu as a side salad.. my prawn salad was very disapointing.. a few very wet and small prawns mixed in with salad leaves and a hastily chopped pepper and tomatoe.. the portion was also very small.. as a side i ordered a crusty baguette with butter.. when that arrived i found the butter had melted in the wrapper and the baguette was stale.. the dog would`nt eat it so i decided i would feed it to the ducks.. even they turned their bills up at it.. will not be dining there again.. which is a shame as the pub is lovely.. the staff are friendly and the location is perfect..

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank tiggs1970
matthew B, Owner at Stubbing Wharf, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I am extremely sorry for the problems with your meals, I hope you will try us again as we have gained a wonderful reputation over the years for our traditional pub food, This I believe to be an unfortunate experience and one which we will work hard to ensure dose not happen again, please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss Matt (01422844107)
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Canalside Pub”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A very busy relaxed old fashioned pub. We were soon seated and served. The food was tasty and well cooked .Very reasonable prices. On our second visit we couldn't get a table as they were all reserved so booking here is highly recommended. Quite a lot of parking spaces. Will
go again (after booking) as we are often in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Proper pub food!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a proper old fashioned pub, with relaxed atmosphere in a great location.
The food is good, although not great. My favourite is the steak and ale pie, which is always amazingly tasty. Same goes for the fish and chips. I was slightly disappointed with a baguette I ordered once, but it wasn't the end of the world, it was still very filling and good enough.
Both food and drinks are affordable.
I definitely recommend booking on weekends and Bank holidays as it can get packed, especially if the weather is nice.

• Visited June 2013