“Finally a hostel in Hebden Bridge!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
Hebden Bridge Hostel
Plainfield, V
“Finally a hostel in Hebden Bridge!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

When I first visited the walker-friendly town of Hebden Bridge five years ago, my only regret was that I couldn't afford to stay overnight there. So when I planned a return this spring I was delighted to see that a hostel had opened in the meantime. I was not disappointed: Mama Weirdigens was close to the center of town, but situated in a quiet neighborhood and most welcoming after the rigors of an overnight flight. Restored by a cup of coffee from the table in the lobby, I dropped my pack there and went off to explore walking trails and the nearby hamlet of Heptonstall. Dave and the summer assistant, Kate, were generous with suggestions of walks and places to visit. My room had 3 other beds but as the hostel wasn't busy I had it to myself for the night. Having a toilet and shower in the room was a luxury compared to the usual trek down the corridor in most hostels. Weather was too chilly when I visited to make use of the terrace, but it looked the perfect place to sit with a book and a cup of tea on a warmer day. All in all, it was a wonderful beginning for my vacation and I'm looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wander_0n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We held a family reunion at Hebden Bridge Hostel recently, bringing family of all ages together from all over the U.K. Australia and New Zealand. We hired the whole hostel and it was superb venue! Lots of space to gather together to eat and play games, but also a lovely cosy snug, full of books, games and comfy sofas and views! Dave and Em and Stuart made everything so easy, answering emails almost instantly and being incredibly helpful and friendly. The whole place is so clean and welcoming and facilities are great, hot showers, comfy beds and ensuites and incredibly reasonably priced. Views around the building are great and the town is easily accessible. We enjoyed the food festival, Morris dancing and walking along the canal. Shops and cafes were uniquely interesting and we had a meal at Stubbington Wharf for 26 of us, organised at short notice. Just wish we could have stayed longer! Thank you! Judy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Two of us met up there for a long weekend and found everything we needed for a very relaxing stay.

High points for me: being able to get into the lobby during the day and dump our bags, have a quiet cup of tea and use the spacious downstairs loo (lots to read in there); no fried breakfast smells; a really comfortable and attractive 'snug' with lots of books and other things to pass the time; a comfortable quiet twin room with all we needed, even a choice of beds if you could climb the ladder and cope with the height; good company and friendly hosts; close to the town (closer if you can manage the steep path beside the school) and enjoyable local walks.

This is just the kind of place I enjoy - forget about hotels or guest houses.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Hebden Bridge Hostel and it was a lovely place. I highly recommend it as a place to stay if you're walking. We fell a little foul of not clocking that we couldn't access our room during the day (which is perfectly reasonable and in line with the price) as we were going to a wedding but it all worked out in the end. It was friendly, comfortable and clean. The setting is stunning and there is a really nice feeling about the place. The people who run it are helpful and create a welcoming atmosphere.

1 Thank EstherT437
Perthshire
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a great place for a family stay - the kids loved the bunk beds & Kipper the Cat & we were all very comfortable. Hebdon Bridge is a lovely little town and there are many places of interest within easy reach. Definitely recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a great hostel, really welcoming, comfortable and clean. I've stayed in hostel's in many countries and this one is up there with the best. Friendly hostel cat called Kipper, the place is very homely. Good selection of organic cereals and teas.
Highly recommended, and very reasonable prices.
Hebden Bridge is a great little town, and this hostel is a little gem just up the hill!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A really lovely stay - warm, friendly & clean with a calm atmosphere. My partner and I stayed in the double room which was gorgeous and included en suite shower and loo. The location is excellent - right between the quirky town of Hebden Bridge and its surrounding country walks. HIGHLY recommended. Plus Kipper the house pet is the loveliest cat I've ever met!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple