“Good safe bet!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are not usually fans of Italian food but we were looking for somewhere different on Friday and we were really pleased we decided to drop in. I think the nicest part about this place is the atmosphere which was just right, busy but friendly. We had the early bird there was plenty to choose for starter and mains including pizza, steak and pasta nothing earth shattering but all tasty and freshly cooked, no microwave crap. In the end we had 3 courses as we were really enjoying ourselves. Price was very reasonable & we would def recommend this place. Give it a try!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

First time we had been to this local restaurant and we were very nicely surprised. Not only by the very pleasant and accommodating staff who were attentive to a member of our party who is in a wheelchair, but also that they were able to modify dishes so that they were gluten free - nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

As we walked in the smells from the kitchen were amazing, it was enough to make you want to try everything! me and my partner both got the £10.95 two course deal. i got the very garlic options of garlic mushrooms in creamy sauce and the kiev pizza....it was huge and soooo lovely. great atmosphere, great wine and absolutely great value. We loved it thank you

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have eaten here before on a couple of occasions and couldn't fault it so I've no idea what has happened!

My boyfriend & I went here for his birthday. Booked a table in advance (no problem) for 7.30pm, we arrived at 7pm to have a drink before we were seated. The waitress offered to take us to our table early if we wanted but we explained that we just wanted to have a drink first, she was perfectly fine about it. 5 minutes later we were asked again (only just got a drink!), we declined. The next thing we know, 2 menus are being put in front of us! 5 minutes later she was back, so reluctantly we went to our table as we were starting to feel hassled!

Our table was placed outside of the toilets, shoved against a wall, blocking half of the walk way to the back of the restaurant. As soon as we sat down she asked us what we wanted to eat, we hadn't even looked at the menu yet! We asked for another minute or so and she went away looking very annoyed that we didn't know what we wanted yet (it was only 7:20pm!!). After 5/10 minutes, no sign of the waitress so we asked another waiter to take our order. He didn't seem overly happy about it but he did it anyway.

We ordered starters and mains, which we cannot complain about at all. The food was lovely and one of the younger waitresses even boxed up the remaining pizzas for us. However, the waiter (different from before, had 4 waiters/waitresses by now!) brought our mains to the table, we asked for more drinks (only the 2nd drink as noone had asked us if we wanted another), he nodded and potted off. 10 minutes later, still no drinks. My boyfriend had to go to the bar to find them.

Whilst we were eating we saw a few walk-ins (hadn't booked), who were offered lovely booths to sit in! This really annoyed me as we'd booked at least 10 days in advance and felt like we'd been dumped in the middle of the floor. Another thing that bothered me, the food is Italian, but there is no atmosphere whatsoever. No Italian music, nothing feels Italian at all.

Really disappointed as I highly rated the restaurant before, but the service has certainly slipped! I could half understand the lack of service, smiles and the general abruptness had it been busy but there were very few tables in there when we were. We finished our mains, paid the bill & left. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Penny H
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We've never been before, didn't even know it was there, food was lovely, service was quick, you got free bread, good value on the early bird, lovely waitress, we were there on Thursday 11/07/13 for the early bird, it wasn't very busy but she said it had been in recent weeks, but it was a hot evening, we will defiantly go there again, thank you for a lovely meal.