“Vibrant atmosphere and great food !”
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We are lucky in Hebden Bridge to have several good restaurant to choose from and La Perla is another one to add to the list.
This was our first visit to the restaurant & I couldn't understand why we hadn't tried it before.
Firstly, the staff were very welcoming on arrival and while our table was already available, we were offered a drink in the bar first.
When going through to the restaurant area, we found that it was very busy and had a vibrant atmosphere.
The menu was typically Italian, but the Blackboard Specials Menu offered a variety of other choices. The wine list offered a good choice and we had a bottle of Tempranillo to compliment the dishes we had chosen. The service was very good and given that the restaurant was so busy we, didn't have to wait long to be served. The food was delicious,cooked to order and ample portions.
The price all round was very reasonable for what we had.
We will definitely dine at the Le Perla again and would certainly recommend others to give it a try.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited during the Hebden Bridge arts festival, expecting that we were going out struggle to get a table anywhere we managed to get in here. I am not a big pasta/pizza fan so opted for the fish dish which was lovely.
We shared a antipasti starter, had a bottle of chenin blanc and shared the creme brûlée, everything was fresh and very tasty, the service was attentive. I was only disappointed by the fact they had sold out of the EskValley, but at these prices it's no wonder!
Great value for money, no wonder it was busy.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wrote a review regarding la Perla in 2012. It wasn't very favourable at the time. I never managed to be shown a table, only rudeness by the then manager at the time. I was encouraged to re visit after an explanation from a dear friend who informed me that the manager in question who was on duty at that time was new, but has since left.

On my friends recommendations, I agreed to visit again and I must say, I was not disappointed. Arriving after 9pm following a meeting, I didn't expect to be served due to the lateness but that did not pose a problem. I have visited many times over the last 18 years, under different ownerships and have always enjoyed the slight rustic look of the place. having enjoyed intermit dinning and celebratory dinning over the years. Its in a slightly out of the way location away from the main drag, so its overlooked or forgotten about easily. Once you find it, it has advantage of a public car park in front of the property. The car park is used on market days, Wednesday and Thursday, so parking in the car park on Tuesday and Wednesday night is not possible. A further car park and on street parking is available a few yards up the road. .

I was swiftly offered a drink as i arrived which was taken to my waiting friends at the table. I'm a big meat eater so I selected fillet steak, cooked rare with a hot chilli sauce, served with andante vegetable. The steak was cooked to my personal taste, it was a nice rare cooked steak that cut with ease under the knife and just melted in the mouth. The chilli sauce was a perfect strength for me, having heat and several flavours without being over powerful, complimented the steak without destroying the flavours. Each mouthful omitted pleasure as sensual as the first. The vegetables were hot and crisp with just the right amount of bite. i have always enjoyed having the vegetables arrive in a separate dish allowing the diner to select how much or little to place on their plate (La Perla have a vegetarian range too.)
The chefs certainly know how to cook to order. The wine complimented the steak well to say it was a white wine. (I prefer white wine to red)

My friend had a chicken dish cooked with a creamy pasta sauce and was equally pleased with her meal, remarking on the herbs she could taste and recognise. Although she could not finish the entire meal due to the quantity, enjoyed her meal just as enthusiastically as myself. She had also been on a diet and did not want to over indulge.

I will certainly be going back to la Perla in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great service. Lovely atmosphere. Brilliant value for money. Need i say more than that! Try the calzone if you are hungry and love a treat!

1  Thank ThePoz89
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We started the evening in Il Mulino in Hebden, but were very disappointed by the portion size, service and not being warm (I actually had to sit with my coat on!). We were still hungry after our starter and main course, so we went to La Perla. It was nice to receive a warm welcome from the owner and staff there. Even though we only went for a dessert they didn't seem to mind. La Perla has a charm of its own - the staff genuinely seem to care about your experience. I would be happy to recommend La Perla to my family and friends.