“Fawlty Towers maybe?”

Greens Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Greens Vegetarian Café offers wholesome, home cooked vegetarian food in the centre of Hebden Bridge, vegan options always available, daily hot lunch specials on blackboard, cakes and desserts made fresh daily, coffees brewed from arabica beans, a selection of herbal & leaf teas, bistro Fri & Sat evening 6.30pm-late bring your own wine.
manchester
“Fawlty Towers maybe?”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enthusiastically looked forward to lunch in this vegetarian restaurant. It is indeed quite small and they seem to endeavour to cater also for other dietary needs such as gluten free. We ordered our sandwiches and drinks and took our seats. Coffee arrived but no sandwiches. Ended up having to finish the coffee, which was getting cold. They seemed rather sham logic in the kitchen when all they had to do was warm a soup and prepare one sandwich. Mi wondered whether they were making the soup from scratch? It took them so long I thought we were going to get a ticket for overstaying on the car park.
They just need to get far better organised.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food is always amazing”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we have been here twice now and return everytime we go to hebden bridge. we adore the food and love trying different foods and eating healthy. great menu!!!! the place is lovely with a stunning little seating area outside which is great for sitting out soaking up the sunshine and the culture of the place. however, dont expect great service it is a little slow, but its still a hidden gem, dont let it put you off as the food makes you forget about all that! we will be back, thanks..

Ripley, United Kingdom
“Veggie food with a lot of love”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went with friends who are full-Monty veggies. ‘Trust us’ they said. We did and had a very good light lunch, in pleasant surroundings and served by charming ladies who truly cared about the food.

We were aware of paying a little extra – organic seems always to do that to you. But my pan-fried cheese and tomato sandwich with a garnish was lovely – moist and tasty. My host had an excellent pita parcel, and my companion’s soup proved a winner. I’d rather not talk about the large glass of green slime chosen by our other host. Each to their own, but she will no doubt live longer than me.

For a genuine sans-carnivore experience I sense that Greens is hard to beat. That evening they had an Indian special theme that promised so much we almost changed our plans.

Enjoy – as I’m sure you will.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very Good Veggie Restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Walking back to the train station we passed Greens and decided to stop for dinner rather than waiting until we got home.

We were the only ones in at the time but it didn't feel uncomfortable. It was nice having the wee open kitchen next to the restaurant. Starters of watercress soup and an aubergine cheesecake were both really nice...in fact I wish I had picked the cheesecake as it packed a flavoursome punch.

My main of spinach and emmental and mushroom pancakes, whilst not perfect, was seasoned well and very satisfying. The sauce could have been thicker but that's being picky. My partner's platter looked good but I didn't steal too much of it. Pudding of chocolate brownie and ice-cream was worth the additional calories.

Service was fine and relatively friendly.would be happy to visit again.

• Visited July 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Lunch was just right”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Shared the tapas plate of hummus, beet root and quinoa (?) sprouted seeds, salad, olives, lentils and rice, carrot and warm pitta bread. Delicious and plenty for a light lunch. Rob had a rejuvenator juice. Very good value. Pleasant atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited June 2013