“Veggie food with a lot of love”

Greens Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #28 of 73 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Greens Vegetarian Café offers wholesome, home cooked vegetarian food in the centre of Hebden Bridge, vegan options always available, daily hot lunch specials on blackboard, cakes and desserts made fresh daily, coffees brewed from arabica beans, a selection of herbal & leaf teas, bistro Fri & Sat evening 6.30pm-late bring your own wine.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went with friends who are full-Monty veggies. ‘Trust us’ they said. We did and had a very good light lunch, in pleasant surroundings and served by charming ladies who truly cared about the food.

We were aware of paying a little extra – organic seems always to do that to you. But my pan-fried cheese and tomato sandwich with a garnish was lovely – moist and tasty. My host had an excellent pita parcel, and my companion’s soup proved a winner. I’d rather not talk about the large glass of green slime chosen by our other host. Each to their own, but she will no doubt live longer than me.

For a genuine sans-carnivore experience I sense that Greens is hard to beat. That evening they had an Indian special theme that promised so much we almost changed our plans.

Enjoy – as I’m sure you will.

1  Thank Peter M

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Walking back to the train station we passed Greens and decided to stop for dinner rather than waiting until we got home.

We were the only ones in at the time but it didn't feel uncomfortable. It was nice having the wee open kitchen next to the restaurant. Starters of watercress soup and an aubergine cheesecake were both really nice...in fact I wish I had picked the cheesecake as it packed a flavoursome punch.

My main of spinach and emmental and mushroom pancakes, whilst not perfect, was seasoned well and very satisfying. The sauce could have been thicker but that's being picky. My partner's platter looked good but I didn't steal too much of it. Pudding of chocolate brownie and ice-cream was worth the additional calories.

Service was fine and relatively friendly.would be happy to visit again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Shared the tapas plate of hummus, beet root and quinoa (?) sprouted seeds, salad, olives, lentils and rice, carrot and warm pitta bread. Delicious and plenty for a light lunch. Rob had a rejuvenator juice. Very good value. Pleasant atmosphere and friendly service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Yet another great vegetarian curry enjoyed in this friendly and well maintained cafe. My wife is addicted to the platter but I always try the specials and never regret my choice. My only complaint is that I can never resist the cakes on the way out and end up taking one away with me for a totally unnecessary afternoon tea treat.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We came on Saturday night and brought our son and daughter in law (who are not veggies). We live 50 miles away so this was the first time we have been in the evening for about 4 months. Well Greens just gets better and better, the food is inventive, beautifully presented (the grazing platter/tapas is a picture on a plate), mostly organic and fantastic value for money. Not only that but you can take your own wine which makes it even more cost effective. It was our son and his wife's first visit and they were so impressed that they are already planning a return trip under their own steam. My starter was the carrot pancake with carrot homus which was terrific and my husbands main course of asparagus cheesecake was like something from a top London restaurant. My son who is a big curry fan said his was probably the best he had ever tasted and just loved the paratha which was home made. We just can't wait to go back