“Early New Year Treat”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Early New Year Treat”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Olive Branch on the back of the Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed- food was tasty and plentiful, and service was friendly but not intrusive. Great atmosphere too! I hope we make it back there when next in Hebden Bridge...

“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A really nice little bistro and very good value for money. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive. We had a lovely meal and enjoyed the warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Authentic Turkish Cuisine”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

What a great place to eat! I had garlic prawns with a mushroom & tomato sauce. Perfectly cooked and served by very friendly and attentive staff. I then had shish kebab, where the lamb had been beautifully marinaded and then cooked over charcoal and served with a minty yoghurt sauce. Delicious. All for about £13 at lunch-time. Wine was good and not expensive. Other people in our group had nice deserts such as baclava.

Thank you to the previous reviewers of this fine bistro for helping me find this place. A real gem.

West Midlands
“Lovely food and staff”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

A lovely evening of well prepared food. The menu in my opinion isn't extensive and a little repetitive, however what I ate was very well prepared and delicious. Would definitely recommend and return.

Yorkshire, England
“Great quality food”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We met friends for a Christmas catch up on Tuesday evening and were really impressed by the Olive Branch. We'd driven past a few times but it hadn't stood out as a 'must visit' place. However, friends told us how good it was so we were looking forward to the meal.

And it was definitely the food that stood out. Service was friendly, quick and very accurate, but it was the various dishes that will stick in the memory - particularly the lamb chops, perfectly cooked and clearly a good source too. We had the hot mixed mezze to start and then I had the mixed kebabs while my wife had the chicken main course.

There are plenty of good quality 'chef specials' as well as some good value offers, such as a starter and a main for around £12 (as I recall, I may be wrong). There was certainly one great deal for £14.95.

Enjoyed my baklava, the coffee was good and the wine was good too, although the servings are so large, you're probably better off with a bottle rather than a couple of glasses each.

Definitely returning - probably in the next few weeks! Highly recommended.

1 Thank Omelettes