“STUCK IN A TIME WARP” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huddersfield
“STUCK IN A TIME WARP”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Attentive friendly service. The food was tepid which is a shame because the quality of the main course and the pudding was excellant. The downside is that the decor is stuck in a time warp. Pink candle on the table mounted in old plastic flowers. Wallpaper coming off the wall. Heating is totally inadequate. Anybody infirm would not gain access to the toilets up one of the sterepest staircases I have ever experienced and if they did get there it is freezing. The experience was grossly overpriced.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank David S

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Superb food at sensible prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have celebrated many special occasions @ Kitties and the food is superb and the services is attentive with out being intrusive. The decor is a little dated but still has a certain charm about it. The menu is structured to give reasonable choice but with out being too broad, this ensures every course is a delight of freshly cooked ingredients well presented.

• Visited July 2012
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Kitties rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food and attention to detail. Selection of fresh nibbles with our drinks. An appetiser before the starters. Everything fresh and creatively presented. We go to Kitties for a special treat. Don't miss it.

Todmorden
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Looking forward to a nice night out - what a disappointment. Over reliance of pre-prepared food rapidly defrosted therefore meat tough and texture grainy. Starter virtually inedible. Decor neglected and a distinct smell of mould permeates throughout. This at prices akin to the old vinery in Todmorden 67.00 for two (3 Peroni on the bar tab) left this customer appalled at the cynicism of these restauranteurs. Simply unacceptable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Smellbagsdad
“Made to feel uncomfortable for finding a hair in our food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Firstly this is the first time I have ever written a review for anything let alone a bad review - hence my complete disappointment.

This restaurant is my absolute favourite and we only ever go when it's a special occasion (very expensive).

Myself, my husband, daughter and son in law came to the restaurant on Saturday 9th June 2012. The food is tremendous and it's always a dilemma to choose what to have. We each had a starter which was beautiful. Our main course came - again beautiful. Halfway through the main meal my daughter saw a hair sticking out of her potato rostee, she got it to move it away but it was wrapped inside and she had to pull it out, it was a short wirery hair. She couldn't eat the rest of her main meal. As Helen (the owner) came to take our plates away she asked If everything was ok, my daughter was extremely discreet and explained about the hair, Helen immediately became defensive and said her chef was 'bald' (my daughter has long hair). She was extremely kurt and said all she could do was apologise. We continued with our meal but was made to feel very uncomfortable by Helen. We ordered a further bottle of Chablis and each ordered a desert. Once given the bill we noticed that nothing had been taken off for my daughters main meal (the bill came to £209). My daughter didnt want to make it anymore uncomfortable so we left.

After mulling it over for the weekend I emailed the restaurant stating how disappointed I was that the meal was still on the bill and how uncomfortable we were made to feel. Not even a complementary drink was offered to my daughter.

The reply I received has led me to put this review on here and I'm gutted.

Helen's response was that she was sad that we had left unhappy and that was it. I'm disgusted that in such difficult times this is the response we get. Not even the offer of a complimentary drink the next time we go - nothing. This will be the last time I go to this restaurant and I want Helen to re-evaluate how she deals with customers in the future.

18 Thank Nettiegreeny