“Great friendly place - quite funky”
Review of Mooch

Mooch
Ranked #18 of 70 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe bar, serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and early dinner (food til 7pm, closed at 8pm), fully licensed, lovely service, coeliac aware, good prices, outside seating in summer, all food make from scratch from fresh ingredients each order. Seating 24 inside and 18 outside in lovely court yard. Run by Mark and Jana.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great friendly place - quite funky”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We're bikers and had a Sunday morning coffee and scrambled egg here in the sunshine. Great ambiance. Our waitress - Sarah - was very helpful and put up with our humour very well. The staff even looked after our helmets while we went out and explore HB afterwards. Would definitely go back. Yo Mooch!!!! (oh: And the coffee is good)

• Visited May 2014
Mark T, Manager at Mooch, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Burmese Daze of sunny Edinburgh, thanks for you great feedback, glad Sarah looked after you on you visit, maybe you will be passing by during the Tour de Yorkshire, if so, hope to see you again, Mark and Jana.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adore the Mooch Cafe”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A charming cafe-bar in Hebden Bridge. Loved my cup of tea served retro style in a china cup and saucer, accompanied by a traditional style biscuit. Beware the gluten free chocolate and cherry cake is dangerously good. Topped with super friendly staff x
Visited on Wednesday 7 May 4pm

• Visited May 2014
Mark T, Manager at Mooch, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear CA J, thanks for your feedback, delighted you had a great visit to Mooch. Hope to see you again if you venture up north again. Raining here, so bring your boat! Mark
Selby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big thumbs down from me....”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I once saw the sign...99p for a bacon butty...if you buy a drink..
Without looking at the menu,presuming by adding an egg would be a modest £1 or so...I proceeded to order two bacon and egg sandwiches... The bill came in to a whopping £6 extra ( for two eggs)
Not very good staff either...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ceris396
Mark T, Manager at Mooch, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Ceris, thanks for your feedback. The promotion is for the two items of bacon barm or sausage barm, I appreciate the frustration that your order was close to this, but sadly not in the promotion and therefore charged at the usual price. Apologies, as this should have been highlighted by the staff at time of ordering.

Kind regards, Mark
Leeds, United Kingdom
“unhelpful, uniterested waitresses”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

one waitress sat at the bar, one behind the bar, having an intense conversation about how they hoped they didn't have many customers to deal with (Easter Sunday)...bringing over a menu seemed like a massive effort for the girl. One chap seemed to be trying to do the work for the three of them, rushing back and forwards, he saved the visit for us, but frankly it was embarrassing. never felt so unwelcome in a café.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sara E
Mark T, Manager at Mooch, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sara, thanks for your feedback, this has been taken up with the staff and appropriate action taken. Sadly I was not on site the day of your visit, easter egg hunting with the children. Do come back in the future and I will make sure your visit is A1. Mark
Manchester, United Kingdom
“poor communication, not open when it says it is”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

As it was unclear on the website, I rang up this week to check if it was open on Friday evening with it being Good Friday. I was told yes, open as normal. I then asked if I could book a table for 8.30pm. I was told no, I would just have to turn up as they were not sure if it would be open for long. I then said that was why I had asked and if it was open as normal then it was open til late as this is what the website specified. I was told I could book a table for 8 but not 8.30pm. I did not do this as I had to get my child to sleep first and was not sure if he would be asleep in time. I did turn up on the off chance at 8.15pm but unfortunately it was closed. What a shame this could not have been communicated clearly.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank hostelgirl74
Mark T, Manager at Mooch, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Madam, thanks for your feedback on opening times. Apologies for the confusion.

The café's kitchen usually closes at seven on a Friday, but we stay open for drinks and snacks until the last customer leaves. Sorry if this was not communicated effectively when you rang.

Mark