Crown Inn
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
$140
$135
Travelocity
The Queen Hotel(Todmorden)
$95
$79
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)(Great Value!)
$117
$57
$54
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$46
$93
All reviewsindulgence roomthe ownerafrican themeland ladytoastroom was spotlessbreakfast was amazingexcellent hospitalitycooked breakfastblack puddingfull englishdouble showerlovely ladythe pubcentral locationgood nights sleepset us up for the day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here recently as the pictures of the place looked great - and it was in an ideal location for us. The accommodation was described as luxury. We were a party of 3 in a room for 4 people. The attitude we encountered from all staff was great. I noticed on the way up to the room that the corridor carpets were quite dirty, but I wasn't sleeping in the corridor so that didn't worry me, so long as the room was clean. The room we stayed in was smaller than I imagined it being - with a double bed and bunk bed. My friend was incredulous that the accommodation could be described as luxury - at £99 for a night, it's not cheap. I would describe it as adequate. There were only 2 towels provided, there were no teabags in the tea and coffee bowl, there was only one 25ml bottle of shower gel between 3 of us. It just gave the impression that nothing had been topped up from the previous guests vacating the room. We did bring these points to the attention of the receptionist who said she would sort it. When we got back to the room, we had the extra towel, no extra shower gel - and just 2 teabags had been left!
We were out til late at a party so did not encounter any noise, although in the morning you can hear everyone on the corridor. Breakfast was - as pointed out in an earlier review - limited, but fine for us. We all ordered the full English which, amazingly, took 45 minutes to come to the table. When the breakfast arrived, one of our party asked for marmalade. The preserves duly arrived as the last bit of toast was being eaten! Last time we came to Hebden Bridge we stayed at Holmes House, which is where I shall stay next time.
In a sentence then, the staff are welcoming and polite, don't expect luxury, and bring a paper to read while waiting for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ootytooty
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Right in the middle of Hebden Bridge so ideally suited to eating and drinking in the town.10 minutes walk to long stay car park by station but can drop off outside bar. Limited choice for breakfast but food quality was good. Noisy during evening if on first floor. Don't have an early night! We slept well in the comfortable room. Not spacious but clean and functional. No hairdryer in room but can ask for extras. A bit expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in the Indulgence room on a buy-one-get-one-free offer. The room was nice and big with an enormous shower and for what we paid it was really fine. But I really don't think it's worth almost £100 a night. It's completely gay friendly which is great in my opinion and the hotel gets a big plus for that.

We enjoyed our stay overall and breakfast was nice. What lets them down is attention to fine details, such as checking milk pots are in date, tidying away the Hoover in the hallway, topping up the coffee in your room... Minor things but they make a difference.

There is quite a bit of noise from the street in the early morning from deliveries etc, but it was fine at night.

I'd recommend looking for another similar discount offer if you'd like to stay here in the most expensive rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Bluebird181
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the 'funky bunky' room, due to a last minute booking and it being the only room available in the whole of Hebden Bridge.
The room is a single room that gets 'converted' into a twin if needed by 2. This basically means they pull out a bed from under the single bed. Due to this second bed having to fit under the single bed, it was very small and by no means a single bed, more like a child's bed. Also not in the slightest bit stable!
The brown duvet cover that was on the 2nd bed had stains all over it, and we were only provided with 1 extra pillow.
The shelf that held the drink making facilities was hanging off the wall.
The bowl of teas/coffees/sugars was already used and not replenished.
A light bulb wasn't working, making a very small dark room feel even smaller.
The soap dispenser in the bathroom didn't work, also for some reason there was a plastic bag stuck down the back of the toilet but I wasn't up for investigating that.
I ate a sausage at breakfast, that was about it. Was okay. Staff didn't appear to have a clue what they were doing.

£82 for the night, will avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren Q
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Having read the reviews I really really wanted to like the place as it has a lot of potential to be a fun place but unfortunately have to agree with previous reviews – it’s just not very friendly.

Hebden Bridge is a lovely town & the people are very friendly. So we decided to go there on New years Eve & a late night was planned so we weren’t bothered about the noise (it is above a bar so bear this in mind) but if you’re an early bird you would be, the worst Karaoke in the world was happening right underneath our room…...

The room was really cold (something I don’t mind but my husband wasn’t happy about) & the heating doesn’t come on until about 7pm. We stayed in the Lush room & the bed is too big for the room (the bruises on my legs will back this up) & despite a mention 9 mths ago about the leaking shower it still hasn’t been fixed…. Hence the musty smell & potential long term water damage to the carpets & floors... bedroom carpet was damp on arrival.

Breakfast was not as advertised & no explanation as to why this was. To be fair I think they were short staffed which may explain why service was so poor but at £82 a night I just felt that it wasn’t really worth it & unfortunately wouldn’t stay again. Bar Place would do better to offer a more mainstream service & charge slightly less.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't over the bar if you want to sleep before 2am
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends