“Comfortable and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laurel End House

Laurel End House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
Laurel End House
Ranked #16 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beds comfortable and rooms clean. Laura was friendly and helpful and provided us with a good hearty breakfast as we overlooked a fantastic view from the window. Near Hebden Bridge train station and local shops. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Len L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at Laurel End House on two occasions so we have now stayed in all the rooms. We where made to feel welcome and felt very at home; the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. We enjoyed the breakfast and Laura would cook whatever we wanted. The B & B is very central to the train station and the town centre. We will definitely stay again! The price of the room included full English breakfast and was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Patricia1922
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

A friend of ours booked this accommodation for us. We were deeply disappointed. The room was cold and damp. There was an electric heater, however I was concerned about how safe it was due to the frayed material on the electrical wire.

Laura, the owner, did apologise for not having the heating on when we arrived. She put the central heating on and the room did heat up. The radiator also began to leak leaving a nice pool on the floor!

We were then shocked to be asked to pay an extra £2.50 each for a cooked breakfast. Surely you expect an English breakfast in an English B+B.

Three of us stayed the night. Three of us chose not to use the shower in the morning. The bathroom was clean but uninviting.

In the morning we received microwaved croissants and Danish pastries. Laura asked if we wanted toast. When it arrived, Laura apologised for the delay as she had to get the bread out of the freezer! Not what you expect from a Bed and Breakfast.

The accommodation was clean, but is in dire need for a total renovation, not just repainting the old wallpaper. The property could be beautiful, but needs serious building work and updating.

Unfortunately, we will not be staying again and recommending to our friends that they do not do so either.

Room Tip: Just avoid staying there
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tinternetghost

Travelers are raving about these Hebden Bridge hotels

Hawes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

After having read a previous, rather bizarre review, I was expecting to be bombarded with a bad smell as I entered Laurel End, but this was not the case! A lovely place to stay, on a slight hill with great views of Hebden Bridge. Room was lovely, very clean, and comfortable beds. Laura is a very nice woman. Hebden Bridge is a great place to visit and I hope to return there sometime, when I do I will definately be staying at Laurel End House.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SarahN66
Wakefield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Laurel End is very centrally located - around a five minute walk from the train station - and the views from our room were stunning: the hills above the town and the former mill building opposite. The house itself is a charmingly rambling terrace with lots of stairs which might be an issue for the less mobile. Decor is traditional with lots of period features. Our room was lovely, with a big comfy bed with brass bedstead, the original built-inn cupboards and some pretty prints on the walls. It was not en suite, but we didn't have to share with anyone else during our stay. The bathroom is smallish but clean and tidy, slightly wonky loo seat and not a lot of heating which prompted no temptation to linger during the morning ablutions. In fact, the house in general was not all that warm (on a chilly late September weekend) and, whilst we are used to the draughtier aspects of living in lovely old terraced houses, it could come as a bit of a shock to the more centrally heated visitor. There was a convector heater in the bedroom and that was fine for background heating. Must say I had two of the best (and quietist) night's sleep I've had in ages. Breakfast depends on what you choose - I'm not a breakfast person so settled for yoghurt and lovely freshly made coffee. My other half had grilled mushrooms on toast. All served in a very friendly way by Helen, Laura's lodger. The sweetly friendly dog desperately wanted to come in and make friends with the visitors too! All in all, a great stay, reasonable value for money, but possibly not for people who find steps and stairs hard to manage. Must say, one reviewer's phantom bad smells didn't strike us as apparent. All was very clean and tidy.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in is on the first floor and has the fabulous view of the hills and the mill buil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiriamWakefield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I'm not a particularly hygienic man, I can go a whole bank holiday weekend without so much of a sponge bath and think nothing of it. I am also no stranger to a bad odour, the morning after a chicken tikha bhuna, my wife had to leave our bedroom and be sick due to the atmosphere I had created. It didn't bother me though, in fact I was very content. Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about laurel end. We stayed there for 3 minutes and 43 seconds one Friday night. I can't remember anything about the place but when I checked out, I remember wondering if I have ever smelt a place, one that is primarily used to accommodate humans, as incredible as this before. I just remember waking up in the gutter outside wondering if a pack of dogs had taken turns to defecate into my open mouth. we left then. I must say however, during our short stay Laura was lovely and the rooms were indeed spacious. I'm sure the breakfast was outstanding

Stayed September 2012
4 Thank frightenedman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2nights and found a change each day in our experience. Upon my arrival I was greated by the lodger with a warm welcome and showed to the room.

It'll do, off for a pint!

Spot on breakfast an out for the day

Nxt morning, only 1 breakfast provided an not so warm welcome

When asking for the bill I nearly collapsed!
If it was cheap it would be ok, but when its hotel prices it's far from

• Stayed August 2012