“Didn't Deliver”

The Dusty Miller Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
The Dusty Miller Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Were staying close and this place looked really good on paper. Unfortunately it just didn't deliver. We were met by a very helpful lady although her appearance didn't do the establishment justice. The surroundings were fantastic but unfortunately there was a lot of food on the carpet under our table that hadn't been cleaned up but we were very hopeful of the food on the menu. Not to be - in any shape or form. We had chicken wings to start. Great if you like very hot and spicy food (basically overly covered in black pepper) with a chilli sauce and salad garnish. However really lived in hope of the main course. My husband ordered cod wrapped in smoked salmon with a salad but this was very tasteless. I ordered lamb noisettes. Not sure what cut of lamb this was but they certainly weren't noisettes. Also asked for medium rare - more well done and the fat on the meat was excessive. This dish came with "seasonal" vegetables which consisted of red cabbage (good starter for 10) peppers and cucumber so didn't really go too well with a mint gravy!!!! We paid the bill and left swiftly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank douthwaite
Jimmmyyyyyy, Owner at The Dusty Miller Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hello

I am saddened by your review and the comments made. I am really sorry that your expectations had not been met. We pride ourselves on our food and as you can see from previous reviews other customers enjoy it very much.

Please would you return and enjoy a meal with my compliments so that we can show you the hospitality and standards we are well known for. Please call me so I can discuss your review further. 01422 885959.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

All in all a pleasent stay food was great service fantastic atmosphefe good and very clean. Only a few issues for me you can hear all the noise of the road if you stay at the front. I was given a single room but thought it would have been better service to offer me a double seen it was empty. Breakfast was a bit hit and miss as its mafe for you and sausages werent fantastic and missed out on what I asked for but as I was rushing to a meeting it wasnt a big issue for me but could be for someone wanting a heartier breakfast. All in 3 out of five

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank stewill83

Hello

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry that you weren't offered a double room on your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal with us. We are located on the main road so occasionally traffic will be noisy. Had you mentioned this to me at the time I would certainly have moved your room for you.

I hope that we can welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

20 of us came last week and had a wonderful time. Service was slick and friendly. I had a chance to look at the 5 rooms they have and they are beautifully appointed, clean and fresh. Angus and Anne were very warm and friendly in their welcome and nothing was too much trouble. It was busy during our visit with a constant stream of customers. Would definately return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jimmmyyyyyy, Owner at The Dusty Miller Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased you had the opportunity to see our rooms. We hope to welcome you back at the next event.

Angus and Anne

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Could be good, money has been spent on the interior but so disappointing.
Shower enclosure needed a good clean, mouldy grout covered in mildew, bathroom extractor did not function, TV in bedroom also did not work, no telephone in the room either but this was as nothing compared to the staff. Friendly enough but this could not make up for their lack of cleanliness and hygiene. The chef's disgustingly grimy "whites" had ingrained dirt on the seat of the trousers and down the front of the legs suggesting it was many days if not weeks since they'd seen a laundry. This was particularly apparent as he spent more time in the bar and parading about the, not surprisingly, empty restaurant than in the kitchen. The restaurant smelt unappetisingly of old fat from fryers that was long overdue to be changed. Breakfast was served by a waitress with electric blue acrylic talons that she used to constantly stroke her mouth and nose and rake through her greasy hair before handling our food, cutlery and crockery - she seemed unaware of even the most basic health and hygiene practices; genuinely stomach turning. A bright and shiny coffee machine that probably cost in the region of £1k was used only to dispense hot water onto cheap instant coffee at breakfast - apparently in common with the TV and bathroom fan this was "waiting to be fixed" hence the lack of cappuccino or similar. So disappointing when on the face of it this hotel promised so much, couldn't get out of the place fast enough, definitely won't ever return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank NJOY50

Hello

I can only apologise sincerely for your unsatisfactory visit to us recently. I am sorry that I was not there personally to deal with your various issues. It is not our usual level of service.

Please contact me directly so that we can discuss the issues in more detail.
info@thedustymiller.co.uk

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went to the Dusty 2 weeks ago with friends Doreen & Steve, my brother Robert and another friend Brian. You can see the kitchen (which was sparkling) and we all had a roast dinner from the Carvery. There was a big choice including Beef, Pork, Ham, with six different vegetables and roast potatoes. The Pork was lovely and tender, the Yorkshire pudding huge, the roasties were nicely done, and the veggies were al-dente, not all mushy. All in all we had a good lunch for £6.95 each! Would recommend to families, couples or even singles. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine R

Hello there

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. i am pleased that you had a lovely time with us and we hope to see you and your friends again soon.

Angus and Anne

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ate here with my partner on the 28th of December as nowhere else was open in the village. The staff were friendly enough but the food was fairly poor. The starters were alright but very small. The main course was served with tough vegetables, the majority of which were Brussels sprouts which are pretty vile at the best of times! The mains themselves were very basic and no frills, not really restaurant quality food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Rory

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the positive comments you made about my staff. It is always nice for them to receive feedback especially during busy periods.

I am sorry that the food did not live up to your expectations. We have had a change of chef since your visit. I hope that you do give us another try when you are in the area. Please ask for me personally.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Very varied menu, seven of us all had something different and it was all delicious. Wonderful bar to sit and order before going through to the dining room, which is large and has an open kitchen. The tables are a bit close together and you need to ask for the sensible cutlery rather than the ones set out which look lovely but are impractical. A great place to go for a large group.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 22 in Hebden Bridge
Robin Hood Inn
Robin Hood Inn
#1 of 1 in Pecket Well

Been to The Dusty Miller Inn? Share your experiences!