“Home from home”
Review of Croft Mill

Croft Mill
Ranked #2 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked for 3 nights and got a fourth night free so were pleased even before we got there. We're a couple with a 3 year old boy. The apartment was perfect for what we needed, which was a really comfortable base with good parking facilities, near to Keighley. The apartment was on the ground floor, so yes, we did need to keep the blinds shut as another reviewer said, but this didn't bother us. The apartment was spotless, modern with every single facility and 'extra' that I can think of. There was dishwasher and washer/dryer with all necessary tablets and fabrric softener so we could wash some clothes whilst there. The apartment was stocked with milk apple juice, cheese, beers, eggs, cereals, coffee, tea, biscuits, bread - the list went on and the produce was wonderful. There was lots of information around advising the best places to eat in the area (we ate at the White Lion restaurant which I would definitely recommend) and Josephine even brought round a basket of toys for our 3 year old to play with. Nothing was too much trouble for her and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Hebden Bridge town centre itself is gorgeous. We didn't spend as much time there as we'd have like as we were visiting relatives in Keighley but would have loved more time to potter round and try out all the lovely cafe's there. Can't recommend enough, thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Would be better to ask for an apartment not on the ground floor if you want somewhere really private...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had booked this accommodation in April to stay in Hebden Bridge for a friend's wedding. I had to book 2 nights rather than just the Saturday I wanted as they only allow you to book 2 nights at once. I had requested a high floor room. At no point during the intervening 6 months did anyone think to contact me and let me know that the room I had booked would be on the ground floor so I was extremely disappointed to find that it was when I got there. The apartments are on a side street adjacent to a local pub and the noise from that kept me awake well into the early hours of Saturday morning when I had wanted a good rest for the busy day of the wedding ahead. The view of on street parking from the front and a car park and some bins at the back was also far from inspiring , combined with the fact that it was necessary to keep curtains and blinds mainly closed in order to have any kind of privacy from the street. The next big problem was the wifi which simply didn't work in my room. The signal was very low and intermittently non-existent which meant to me that the facilities were not as advertised. If I had known that it was ground floor without wifi I would never have paid two hundred pounds (yes you are reading correctly) for the stay. I was offered a refund when I brought this up but as I had to be there for the wedding and there is hardly any other accommodation in the town they had me over a barrel so I had to stay. I was offered a 'bargain' upgrade to a penthouse suite on the top floor for an additional two hundred pounds which I thought was just a complete joke. The bed was also too short for me. I am only five foot ten but was forced to sleep diagonally across the bed to avoid my feet hanging off the end. On a positive note the interior décor was nice and there was a very well equipped kitchen in which you could have probably hosted an episode of 'Come dine with me' if you had been so inclined. A range of local produce was supplied including bread, milk, eggs, apple juice, cheese, coffee, tea, sugar, biscuits, preserves, a bowl of fruit, cereals, baked beans and a couple of bottles of beer. This was all very nice but I would have preferred a quiet room where I could actually get some sleep with working wifi.

Room Tip: Ground floor studios are very noisy at the weekend and the wifi does not work in room 1.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Bullykitten
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Recently stayed here for 5 nights and can't praise it enough. Every need had been thought out here including washing/dishwashing machines (even had a vase of fresh flowers - lovely touch.) Spotlessly clean apartment very comfy and within a couple of minutes walk to any of the eateries in this small quirky town. Josephine very kindly stocked us up with fresh local produce so we never had to go out for breakfast. Wonderful stay would definitely highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 378jeanc
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Croft Mill caters for your every need, whether you are on a business trip or family holiday. The spacious apartments are carefully designed, thoughtfully furnished and spotlessly clean; the local produce welcome pack is a great touch for snacks and cooking breakfast. From the moment I walk through the door, the days troubles disappear and I find myself smiling in an oasis of calm! Other plus points include wifi, an outside covered decked seating area, excellent beds, great shower, parking and friendly owners...

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelinspectors71
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place was perfect in every sense. Location, rooms, price and a very welcoming and helpful hostess in Josephine. Croft mill is a fantastic advert of how apart - hotels should be run. A welcome pack of local organic produce and a fridge full of food and drink. Wow! We will be back

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had booked a superior 4 people apartment for our family and a 2 person apartment for our elderly parents for two nights. There was a very friendly and helpful welcome from Gillian. The apartments were immaculate and furnished to a high standard.The welcome food pack was superb. Fresh bread, butter, various jams and honey, eggs, cheese, fresh fruit, apple juice, milk, tea and coffee and beer! Plus shortbread and excellent Yorkshire parkin. Wonderful locally sourced produce.
There is secure allocated parking and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. There was a huge range of leaflets suggesting places to visit if you could tear yourself away from relaxing on the balcony.
On our first night,we chose to walk along the towpath to the Stubbing Wharf Inn - worth a visit.
The surrounding area is rich in history and there are beautiful places to see. A trip to the Bronte Parsonage in Haworth is a must.
Altogether an excellent stay in a friendly town. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richards_1234
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had the journey from Hell up the M6 and was late arriving at 10.30 PM. I had phoned earlier to warn them I would be late, on arrival Josephine showed me to the apartment which was very clean and welcoming. The beer in the fridge was particularly welcome, as were all the other provisions. There was a box of toys ready for my five year old son to play with which was much appreciated. Even my grumpy 17 year old daughter was impressed with the place. I did mean to ask what brand the beds are, they were extremely comfortable. We are planning a family trip to York in October, I am now thinking of going back to Croft Mill and getting the train :-)

Room Tip: I was disappointed that a penthouse apartment wasn't available but was more than happy with the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Moyles
Moyles
#6 of 22 in Hebden Bridge
Hare and Hounds Country Inn

Been to Croft Mill? Share your experiences!