“Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hebden Bridge
Buntingford, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very good quality food. Friendly staff. Very nice decor in the bar and restaurant. Modern clean toilets. We have not eaten in here for a while, but when we return to Hebden Bridge we will eat here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in the annex . The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was a double but a king size would have been better , the room was a good size and would have accommodated this. We had meal which was lovely and the potions were huge. The cost was very reasonable. All the staff were friendly and willing to make the experience enjoyable. The breakfast was just as impressive as the evening meal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After a long morning out walking (and getting drenched) my partner and I decided to try The White Lion for late lunch and we were not disappointed. Even though we came in dripping wet it was not a problem and it appears walkers are very welcome. We soon disposed of our waterproofs and settled down to a lovely glass of organic Shiraz wine to peruse a lovely diverse menu. We both opted for the steak and ale pie, with home cooked chips and were certainly surprised at the huge, and I mean huge size of the pie. It was absolutely lovely, plenty of meat and a tasty pastry, I just wish they did a light bite size portion as it was honestly big enough for 2 people. The chips were homemade and the best I've tasted for a while. No room for a pudding, unfortunately. In addition to the gorgeous food, one can bring your dog into the "whiskey" room which is handy to know for future visits. Will definitely come again and maybe make it an overnight stay in one of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night whilst attending a christening. The rooms in the main building are very lovely with tasteful interiors and fantastic looking bathrooms.

We tools my parents in law to dinner here on the Saturday night and the staff were lovely, very attentive. Menu has a good range but I was a little underwhelmed by my tough pork belly main, but overall still had a lovely evening.

Only minor gripe is that the shower which looked so impressive was not very powerful at all which is always a nuisance for us ladies with long hair. However this was pretty much outweighed by the fab roll top bath!

Overall the accommodation is of a boutique standard and the pub is very cosy and atmospheric and the staff could not be any nicer.

• Stayed August 2013
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very cosy and welcoming hotel in the centre of Hebden Bridge, a town of great character. Very tastefully renovated, good rooms. We stayed in 4, very spacious with triple aspect - at £125 pn, this was good value for money. We then moved to 1 for a night, slightly snaller and cheaper, but very good. Excellent food, with very generous portions. Try the burger, or the steak salad, or the beef pie with Landlord ale. Friendly staff, well-chosen and well-kept traditional bitter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Beautiful building inside and out. Quite possibly the tastiest vegetarian breakfast I have ever had. Will definately visit again when in Hebden. And thank you to Michael for sorting out the mix up so quickly and efficiently. My rating is based on this and the lovely food as we did not stay although my friends spoke very highly of their accomodation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Having never been to Hebden Bridge before my boyfriend and I stopped in for lunch on our day out having been recommended by a lady in a local shop. We were welcomed by friendly staff and settled in the warm in comfy armchairs to choose our lunch. The menu looked amazing from the starters to the salads to main courses and we took a while deciding over coffee. We both went for the steak and Timothy Taylor ale pie and chips with mushy peas (which I've never eaten as I don't like normal peas!).
When it came it looked amazing and the portions were very generous. The pie had a lovely crust and they didn't scrimp on the meat and the flavour was wonderful. The chips huge and way too many for me so le boyfriend selflessly helped me!

I saw other meals come out which also looked amazing and there was real friendly chat and banter among the locals. It seems a popular place.

Then realising the White Lion had bedrooms too I asked for a peek at one as I was intrigued for future bookings. Beautifully decorated with roll top baths and double showers and a lovely country feel with modern accents, I'd definitely stay the night next time and sample more of that delicious menu!

Well worth a visit and we'll be back possibly to partake in some beauty treatments in their on site salon too!

• Stayed September 2013
The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Moyles
Moyles
#5 of 22 in Hebden Bridge

Been to The White Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!