“Excellent food and service, highly recommended”
Review of The Saw - CLOSED

The Saw
Cuisines: Gastropub, British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Recently re-opened Family run Pub/Restaurant serving a variety of locally brewed real ales, lagers, ciders and fine wines. Kids Menu, Light Bites Menu and Main Menu available with a wide selection of Traditional Pub Meals.
Yorkshire
“Excellent food and service, highly recommended”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice over the last 3 weeks; once with a group of 8 from mixed ages and then with my husband and another couple.

I observed in these two visits quite a selection of meals from the menu and everything that was served was first class. I did not hear one complaint.

The food was well presented, to a standard I would have expected to have paid much more for. The waitresses were pleasant and very helpful, the atmosphere was good with music playing in the background without being intrusive.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to groups of individuals.

• Visited September 2013

west yorkshire
“Family Party”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've just had a party in The Saw, 21 of us in total.

As usual, the food was sublime and the service was excellent.

We all had different things, from open fish pie, roast beef dinner, toad in the hole etc etc and nobody had a bad thing to say - only complements.

I had open fish pie, which is a particular favourite of mine and it was fantastic (as always).

I can't believe The Saw is as quiet as it is. I know they have some busy days but the place should be heaving all the time, the food and service is that good. I guess it will be in time but, people, please get behind them - they deserve it!

• Visited September 2013
manchester
“back to the saw”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went to the saw a lot a few years ago before it closed so was interested to see what it would be like under new owners
Four of us went on Saturday night not many people in which was a shame as the food was excellent we all had 2 different courses all the food looked good and tasted good the service was also good Food and coffees came to £80 and a lot of drink to £55.we will be back and hope a lot more go and keep it open

• Visited August 2013
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
“Lunch venue”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A friend recommended the Saw for lunch so we decided to give it a whirl and we were not disappointed. We had the lunch time deal, two steak sandwiches and two drinks for £14. The food was piping hot, chunky chips and delicious steak. Besides the steak sandwich there was a very reasonable selection to choose from and I would definitely visit again. The only complaint that I would have is that the interior of the pub could do with updating, but the service and staff were first class.

Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, recommended.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to The Saw, the first being a few years a go. I know it has recently changed hands and for he better!
The food was very good, well presented and good quality. So good, we had to have 3 courses!
The restaurant interior is more reminiscent of a good local pub, wooden tables and chairs etc. but on a Sturday night it was lively, full of atmosphere and the service was excellent. Food cost is not cheap, but worth it.
Recommended - we will be returning sooner this time!

Visited July 2013