Gomersal Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Healds Hall Hotel(Liversedge)
View Hotel
Days Inn Bradford M62(Hartshead Moor)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewschap calledjo anneafternoon teastrength to strengthperfect wedding daybirthday partybeautiful venuewedding receptionevening buffetlast minute bookinglounge arearoom keychristeninggroomsmenkamranfunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as we were attending our son's wedding and it was situated nearby. We travelled up from Devon and took my 92 year old mother with us, who is virtually blind. We were not really expecting anything luxurious and just required comfortable, clean and warm rooms and a decent breakfast. The house is lovely and I'm sure the grounds look stunning in better weather.
Imran, the manager, gave us a really warm welcome, even though we were much later arriving than we had estimated. Both rooms were warm and the beds were comfortable. Yes, the decor was a bit 'tired' looking but the rooms were clean.
We were amazed to discover the next morning, that Imran also cooked the breakfasts and waited on the guests too. Our full English breakfasts were great; freshly cooked and with generous portions. Imran serves a really excellent pot of tea; none of your wishy washy catering rubbish. In fact, Imran really made our stay. He could not have been more helpful and he was kind and friendly without being intrusive. We will certainly stay again and would certainly recommend Gomersal Lodge. Great value for money we thought.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CELIA S
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Upon arrival we were shown to our room, it had a double bed and a single and was a bit of a squash. I went into these ensuite to use the toilet to dirty! The toilet flush handle was broken so we had to take the top of to flush the toilet, the heating wasn't on and some tissue was behind the single bed! We went for a drink at the bar and was served a warm white wine and warm magners that cost us £7.00. While sat in the bar we figured out that the heating wasn't working and Inram was struggling to get the boiler to stay lit! Inram changed our room because of the flush but we then found a cigarette butt under the radiator! I proceeded to have a shower as we were going out only to find the shower door wouldn't shut and the water ran hot & cold! The boiler wasn't going to lite so we were given a electric heater which we plugged straight in, the hair dryer we were given was dangerous as the handle was split and would probably have given me a electric shock! My husband tried the hair dryer and the next thing the electrics had tripped, faulty towers has nothing on this place. At this point my husband lost his patience and told Inram we weren't staying there. We were told they had a sister hotel a few minutes away and they could accommodate us. Naive I know but off we set to the Alder House Hotel, omg, we had been set up I am sure, we were shown 2 rooms, they were also terrible, I then asked for a refund and the guy there had to ask his manager if we could have our money returned! They tried to give me a 50 cent coin instead of £1, we were already pissed off but that was the icing on the cake, the moral of this story is stay away from the Gomersal Lodge and it's sister hotel.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel prior to reading the reviews on Trip Advisor & was therefore somewhat nervous as we arrived on Saturday 30 November. What we found was a lovely, warm welcome from Imran and a hotel which whilst in need of a little TLC in areas, was otherwise warm, clean and tidy.

This is an old building set in beautiful grounds with fabulous views. Don't visit if you only like modern identikit boxes but we thoroughly enjoyed staying in an old building with character & the quirks that generally throws up.

Room Tip: Room 5 has fabulous views but a somewhat wonky floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nichola485
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I came to look around Gomersal Lodge Hotel with my fiance as a possible wedding venue. We have been engaged for over 8 months and this was the first venue I had seen in that time within the Bradford area that I really liked.
We both loved the marquee and had decided that should the price be right we would definitley get married here in 2015. We were told we would be sent some quotes in the post but after over 3 weeks I have received nothing. I followed this up with a phone call around 10 days ago and was told they had been sent...which is obviously not the case.
The hotel is under new management so I did expect to wait longer than usual but I feel that as a hotel under new management they should be doing everything they can to build a good reputation and gain future business.
As my fiance's family are not from Bradford, we would have hoped to book most of the hotels rooms for the night of the wedding so I feel like they have lost out on a lot of business through not doing something so simple.
I am extremely disappointed as I will now be finding a new wedding venue...if a hotel cannot even send some information, how will they be able to make important arrangments for a wedding?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donna W
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had stayed at gomersal park hotel the night before and it had been Fantastic! But due to a Wedding event they were fully booked so we needed somewhere to stay for the last night, We came across gomersal lodge hotel and thought we would try it.
First odd thing about this hotel was that the man wanted cash up front. It was getting late so I agreed. Booking in was very casual indeed. We had quite a big room. Bed sheets were nice and clean. But everything eles seemed dusty. The views were beautiful. Breakfast was ok lady who served us was very friendly but unorganised. Its ok if you need somewhere to crash but I would not recommend it, Try Gomersal Park Hotel if they are not fully booked instead! Cheaper and you get a lovely clean room and bathroom and yummy Breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple