Gomersal Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Healds Hall Hotel(Liversedge)
View Hotel
Days Inn Bradford M62(Hartshead Moor)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewschap calledjo anneafternoon teastrength to strengthperfect wedding daybirthday partybeautiful venuewedding receptionevening buffetlast minute bookinglounge arearoom keychristeninggroomsmenkamranfunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel prior to reading the reviews on Trip Advisor & was therefore somewhat nervous as we arrived on Saturday 30 November. What we found was a lovely, warm welcome from Imran and a hotel which whilst in need of a little TLC in areas, was otherwise warm, clean and tidy.

This is an old building set in beautiful grounds with fabulous views. Don't visit if you only like modern identikit boxes but we thoroughly enjoyed staying in an old building with character & the quirks that generally throws up.

Room Tip: Room 5 has fabulous views but a somewhat wonky floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nichola485
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I came to look around Gomersal Lodge Hotel with my fiance as a possible wedding venue. We have been engaged for over 8 months and this was the first venue I had seen in that time within the Bradford area that I really liked.
We both loved the marquee and had decided that should the price be right we would definitley get married here in 2015. We were told we would be sent some quotes in the post but after over 3 weeks I have received nothing. I followed this up with a phone call around 10 days ago and was told they had been sent...which is obviously not the case.
The hotel is under new management so I did expect to wait longer than usual but I feel that as a hotel under new management they should be doing everything they can to build a good reputation and gain future business.
As my fiance's family are not from Bradford, we would have hoped to book most of the hotels rooms for the night of the wedding so I feel like they have lost out on a lot of business through not doing something so simple.
I am extremely disappointed as I will now be finding a new wedding venue...if a hotel cannot even send some information, how will they be able to make important arrangments for a wedding?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donna W
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had stayed at gomersal park hotel the night before and it had been Fantastic! But due to a Wedding event they were fully booked so we needed somewhere to stay for the last night, We came across gomersal lodge hotel and thought we would try it.
First odd thing about this hotel was that the man wanted cash up front. It was getting late so I agreed. Booking in was very casual indeed. We had quite a big room. Bed sheets were nice and clean. But everything eles seemed dusty. The views were beautiful. Breakfast was ok lady who served us was very friendly but unorganised. Its ok if you need somewhere to crash but I would not recommend it, Try Gomersal Park Hotel if they are not fully booked instead! Cheaper and you get a lovely clean room and bathroom and yummy Breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emmaliz C
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I didn't expect this place to be top grade at £ 55 but it was absolutely awful and not worth half that. Old beds dirty mattresses, floor, door, walls. Mould on the floor and wall of bathroom and paper coming off the wall. Curtains do not fit or close properly, no blind nets ect. Very dated artex ceiling and very tacky decor/colours. Lots of banging and people talking very loud beneath us in the kitchen & office, the room was number one. The window overlooks the marque that had a noisy birthday party going on. The window sills were very dirty and the windows. I desperately wanted to leave but due to finances and a busy Saturday night with everywhere booked we had no choice but to stay. Their were only showers no baths and so dirty that I wouldn't use it. The kettle was so old and also dirty (20yrs+) that I'm amazed it could be safe to use? Its a shame because the house is connected to bronte and it has lovely gardens, in the right hands it would be awesome and very profitable.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Metsx6
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently held my husbands surprise 40th birthday party in the marquee, it was brilliant! The marquee and gardens are beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough for you. I had it booked for months beforehand and anytime I needed anything the manager Antony and his wife Jane were always there to help and did me a great deal. Amy, abid and Nadeem were fab too. Definitely recommend! In fact there are a few of my family members and friends wanting to book their up coming functions there now too. Overall a big success! X

• Stayed: August 2013