“Excellent facilities, friendly staff”

Gomersal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gomersal
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Stayed here to meet up with family. Fantastic, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, great shopping nearby, beautiful walks over the road from the hotel. What more could you want?

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 29, 2008

Rooms: My room was simply furnished with a double and single bed. The usual plain hotel decor - no mirror above the dressing table which was a bit annoying.

Bathroom was clean but 'felt basic'

Food :was ok, they did alter the menu to our preferences and the service was polite and attentive.

The food areas though could do with a good scrub and I found that some items of crockery etc were dirty.

Check In: was smooth and easy - no problems.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I recently stayed here for work, so didn't have much choice in the selection of the hotel. The rooms are horrible it looks like they get a lot of people who stay for business so they probably don't see any need to update or refurbish.

The staff in the restaurant and bar were unhelpful.

The food however was suprisingly good if you can get over the lipstick on the glasses etc. It was the only good thing about the place but I wouldn't make an effort to go there even just to eat.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Midnightblue
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We were unfortunate enough to attend a wedding at this hotel & were meant to stay the night. During the evening reception of the wedding several guest's noticed that their bottled drinks were out of date & when the Bride & Groom complained we were given a credit bar for £65 to go round 120 guests, what an absolute joke that was. Upon arriving at our room I found hairs on the bathroom floor & on the bed sheets, I was convinced that the sheets hadn't been changed since the last guest's & decided to check out & go to the safe retreat of my parent's house (luckily only a 15 minute taxi journey away) otherwise I would have ad to sleep in my clothes! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for their 'special day' if you don't want poorly guests or even for somewhere to stay the night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor246
Reviewed July 31, 2007

A belated report from October 2006!

We had our Civil Partnership Ceremony at Gomersal Park - 40 guests at the afternoon Ceremony and 150 guests at the evening function.

We spent considerable time with the conference staff planning both the afternoon and evening events. All went exactly according to plan. We very much enjoyed 'our day', and, received excellent feedback from our guests - from both those who just attended the function and those that stayed overnight.

Our Ceremony was on a Friday afternoon/evening (avoiding the Saturday rush!) and we really felt looked after.

If your going to have a function here, do like us and take the time to discuss your needs and requirements with the hotel - it really went well for us.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank YorksUK
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Recently stayed here on business for a few nights. There were no non smoking rooms left when I arrived so I decided to hedge my bets and go for a smoking room. How bad could it be, right? It wasn't bad at all. It was awful. When plugging in my mobile phone charger I found a two cigarette ends under the bedside table.
The carpet was so dirty I daren't walk on it on bare feet and the bathroom looked and left like something from the 70s. There were different coloured plastic hangers in the wardrobe and when I flushed the loo I thought the entire building would collapse around mye ears.
The food in the restaurant was actually average (that's a compliment) but it took 10 mins to be seated and longer to get a drink from the bar.
Breakfast cutlerly had to be changed several times before I found any clean stuff and the decanted butter wasn't replaced between guests.
Apparently the premier wedding venue in West Yorkshire. Pity West Yorkshire brides.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank BJMCNAUGHT
Reviewed August 2, 2006

ive not been to this site for some time now, after reading some of the letters posted i was rather amused with the mixed reactions and concerns. i also arranged a xmas party for my colleauges
which for a busy hotel went very very smoothly.
yes its not the ritz nor a factory. you simply get what you pay for and the staff look after your every need. just to explain i think i know a little of last years menu as i still have it in my desk. the starter was a melon cocktail served in a coupe ( yes a metal one) not a sundae bowl, and the squirty cream was actually lemon creme fraiche piped on top so there you go. we all enjoyed it and have already booked for next year, with a little struggle might i add, as most dates are full. so they must be doing something right!! party on!

3  Thank steveevans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gomersal
Healey Hotel
Healey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Batley
Waterton Park Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds South
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel

Been to Gomersal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!