“Groupon goodie”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gomersal
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Groupon goodie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My partner and i have just returned from a Saturday night stopover here on a groupon deal. I do a few groupons a year and this is in my would do again and would do without groupon category. Nice and busy when we arrived and throught the evening into today. Extremely pleasant and local staff everywhere. We dined in the new massimo restaurant which was very popular with locals and guests. Have to say the lady in charge and her team - stars! Great warm welcome and attentive service . Wedding fayre kicking off as we left. I wish u much success and great to see a success. Well done and hopefully we will return. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jill C
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for your very kind comments.

Gavin Jack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Gomersal Park hotel is the only hotel in the area but next time I will look for hotel in wider area. Very nice and good welcome at reception and person who really care. Good Italian restaurant withnice breakfast. Hotel inside looks like from '80. Very simple room, no minibar or water in the room,small bad, tiny very old bathroom. Rooms was not heated before - only on arrival and it took few hours. Very thin walls and you can hear all neighbours: next door or floor above. Actually I have been awaken at midnight by couple moving in next door ad could not sleep for long time. Nice buildings but not up to Europen standards

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Maciej Z
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Bishops Itchington UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Bought as a Groupon and expected a good but not outstanding deal BUT absolutely everything was great!
Reception, on the phone and at arrival couldn't have been more helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped. Dinner was fabulous, different and tasty (kids ate from a choldren's menu - for free!). Leisure centre was small clean and perfect - towels in the room.
All in all thoroughly recommended for access to West/South Yorks, Leeds and Bradford.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bigmutton

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We and another couple booked The Blues Brothers Experience and a very good time we had.The hotel is easy to find when following the directions off the web site with ample good parking. The reception rooms around the hotel are clean warm and comfortable and the staff had that nice mixture of being friendly and professional. We paid £100 per couple for the show, bed ,breakfast and evening meal and felt it was good value, however at this price we didn't expect the best room and we didn't get it .Room 247 was easy to remember( as the radio one jingle from some years ago kept running through my head) but best forgotten as although clean and warm it was dated and shabby, the lighting in the room and the view were as dim as each other. All in all a good weekend away and I look forward to going again in the summer to view the grounds and surrounding area as it's January and we're a foot deep in snow.

Room Tip: I'm sure there's better rooms than ours as the rest of the hotel was nice, next time I would...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rory39
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments.

We are so glad that you had a good night; we have had lots of fantastic feedback so we have rebooked them for the 7th December 2013.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room, I have spoken to the reservations manager and asked him not to allocate this room to you in the future, and this has now been noted on your guest history.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for one night on a deal and was really impressed,got a welcome drink,had a swim and chilled for a while in our lovely room,we then googled places to eat and found a pub nearby that served the best food ever. Breakfast was great and there was a wedding exibition on that morning so we stayed and had a look at that.I can reccomend this place so much we are going on valentines wknd and booked a meal at the pub again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynne12911

stockton on tees
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We purchased a 2 day break on groupon & as it was meant to be £100 a night & we paid significantly less I was expecting something special.
The corridors look very dated & the rooms quite dated also, it reminded me of an old people's home & although the rooms are non smoking ours smelt badly of stale cigarettes
The swimming pool & jaquzzi was a nice area.
The hotel restaurant is so expensive £3.95 a pint and the food menu was very limited & again expensive. A chicken breast was £14 !!!! If you drive 5 minutes away from the hotel there is a retail park with loads of places to eat .....
We had tea / coffee making facilities in our room but the kettle needs de-scaling desperately so we did not use this.
The staff all seemed friendly enough but there was never anyone on reception except a guy on a morning.
Overall it was "ok" I wouldn't recommend to a friend & would not return unless it was an absolute bargain price

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nina1987
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments.

We take all feedback both good and bad very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is very important to us.

I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Purchased a 2 night stay with Groupon, breakfast included and a welcome drink. Brilliant value for money and was pleasantly surprised that pets are also welcome. As my dog is one of the family it's nice that she gets the benefit of a nice warm room to sleep in also. We arrived very late, therefore checked in & went straight to bed. I found that the rooms are quite out of date in terms of decor, carpets & bedding, however rooms were very clean which is the most important. I didn't get the best night sleep on the 1st night due to a constant beeping coming from the fire door outside my room, but when I informed reception the next morning it was quickly fixed. Breakfast was brilliant, plenty variety and kitchen were even happy to accommodate my request for poached eggs both mornings.

After a whole day shopping in Manchester (20-25 minute drive) we decided we would just eat in the newly opened Italian restaurant and take advantage of our drinks vouchers. We did have a bit of a wait to be seated, even though there were lots of free tables. But not a problem as we ordered our drinks whilst waiting at the bar. Waiting staff were very pleasant and helpful despite the obvious teething problems of a new restaurant. when our starts arrived I have to say we all were very disappointed and started to question if we should have gone somewhere else as the food wasn't the best and definitely not authentic Italian. However when our mains came the kitchen definitely redeemed themselves, we all commented how nice the food was. Ended the meal on a positive note. I would 100% stay here again, being a dedicated shopper the location is brilliant for Manchester, Leeds, York & Harrogate. Hopefully an upgrade of rooms is maybe on the cards, with automatic locking doors for the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you firstly for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments however I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the door alarm on your first night, I would like to personally apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am also disappointed that your starter at Massimo's was not what you expected, however I am very glad that the main course made up for this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gavin Jack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gomersal
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
#1 of 1 in Gildersome
Village Hotel Leeds South

Been to Gomersal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!