“top resturant”

Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Prego you will find a great selection of delicious Italian Continental food accompanied by a warm welcome. Whether you're in for a quick lunch, afternoon coffee or a special occasion, you're always welcome at Prego. You can enjoy our Italian Cafe Bar during the day or dine with us in our restaurant over the weekend or evenings. Our Early Bird menu consists of 2 courses at £12.95 From our full a la carte menu. Our blackboard specials are ever evolving and are sure to cater for every palate. Prego - Italian for 'You're Welcome'
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had an excellent meal at Pregoes . would recommend to anyone to go hear, warm welcome, good food, good wine .

There are newer reviews for Prego Italian Cafe Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Dined at previous several times previously on a Sunday afternoon for the kids crèche/activities.

Went yesterday and it is not the same pregos.

The atmosphere was different and not the family run Italian we love. Nothing major wrong with service just lacked sincerity or the true Italian essence.

The food is the biggest change - what has happened?

Not as good at all - all across the meals chosen there was a reduction in quality and care.

The kids crèche was brilliant as usual and the kids all enjoyed it.

Sadly, I will not be recommending this restaurant again.

What a shame - does anyone know if it has changed owners / management?

1  Thank rachel w
WaterfrontLodgeHotel, Manager at Prego Italian Cafe Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello Rachel,
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent Sunday visit to Prego.

We were really pleased that once again your children enjoyed Prego Play and you were pleased with it as a family. However I was sorry to read that you did not find the atmosphere as you usually do. We will certainly look into this, if you would be kind enough to confirm the date of your visit. I can assure you that we have not changed owners or management.

I can also assure you that our intentions to provide our customers with the very best in quality and care are as high as they always have been. If the food did not meet your, or our standards, we would very much like to look into this further. I would really appreciate it if you would contact us on 01484 715566 or info@waterfrontlodge.co.uk and provide me with more details.

In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies for a visit to Prego that was not as we would expect it to be.

Kind Regards

Vittorio Piliu
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we have eaten here on an evening, having had lunch several times. The welcome is fantastic and the service is maintained throughout. The food is delicious and the set menu is fantastic value. Really doesn't deserve to be #10 on TA, there really isn't much better round here. Thanks.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Met family for a farewell do, it was early doors so was very quiet but the waitress made the difference,very attentive. Good service and good food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I visited Prego Italian Cafe Bar and Restaurant at the weekend and must say we had a most enjoyable evening. The food was excellent, as was the service and atmosphere. I had the fillet steak, which I have had a few times before and it has never failed to please, in fact I think they do the best fillet steaks around. My friend had a pasta dish and she said it was really, really nice. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were attentive and thorough. I can't wait for my next visit to Prego, I have been quite a few times and it just gets better and better. I would recommend this restaurant and for anyone who has not been to Prego, I would seriously recommend you pay it a visit. It is very rare for me to review a restaurant but I felt I had to as I was so pleased with everything.