“Still a treat and gets better each time”

Prego Italian Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Prego you will find a great selection of delicious Italian Continental food accompanied by a warm welcome. Whether you're in for a quick lunch, afternoon coffee or a special occasion, you're always welcome at Prego. You can enjoy our Italian Cafe Bar during the day or dine with us in our restaurant in the evening. Our fixed price menu consists of 2 courses at £14.95 From our full a la carte menu. Our blackboard specials are ever evolving and are sure to cater for every palate. Prego - Italian for 'You're Welcome'
“Still a treat and gets better each time”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

It's difficult to improve on greatness, but as we treat ourselves and work our way through the specials and extensive menu, it does get better and better

Kids enjoyed a great stone baked pizza, we managed to clear fantastic pasta and sensational risotto

Will be back very soon!

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Last week a few friends travelled over from York to meet up for an evening out. I booked a table for 8 at Prego. We all ordered different meals and everything served was exceptional . It was all top quality and delicious. The staff were attentive and polite , the atmosphere was good but the music played did not reflect the ambiance.
My friends were very impressed ;well worth trvelling so far. They were also pleasantly suprised when we got the bill, definately good value for money!

• Visited February 2013
“Food was ok, bit mediocre”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant back in September for my son's 11th birthday, just a nice cosy family meal.
If I am honest we ended up here as our 1st choice Italian restaurant nearby was shut.

The staff are attentive and quite pleasant, we did not have a booking but were seated straight away.
The restaurant itself was quite quiet on this particular evening, but on saying that it was mid-week.
Our two boys, 7 and 11 enjoyed their starters and pizza mains.
And mine and my other half's seafood starters off the specials board were ok definitely better than our mains that followed, but nothing special.
It was our mains that were the let down, other half had a chicken dish but it was very dry and very bland.
My seafood risotto was very watery and the rice over cooked, looked more like a soup based seafood rice dish, than my usual much loved dish of creamy al dente seafood rice. I did bring this to the managers attention but he just said it was a matter of preference to how it is cooked and served an that he would let the chef know my suggestions for future.
Hmmm...... I have eaten in a lot of italian restaurants and seafood risotto is one of my most favourite dishes, and I do think it is a very good indicator as to how good the chef is as to whether they can pull off a good risotto.
There are a lot better Italian restaurants around, I am not sure we would visit again.

Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Sooo Nice...”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I worked at the restaurant/hotel for my work experience whilst at college and was amazed to see all the staff still with exceptional services and manners. Although i wasnt remembered ;)
We hadd a drink before being seated, the valentines cocktail was amazing.
The food was as remembered, perfect!
Both the starter and the main meals very nice but filling. Ended up taking the pizza home. Very reasonable pricing.
Well worth a valentines meal or any other day at that rate. Pregos is still up there and i think will be for a long time, solely due to the staff.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Children's area is shocking”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went o prego for its child friendly coffee bar, sadly we found it to be not very child friendly at all. The toys we mostly McDonald's free happy meal gifts, granted a couple of books, but not a kiddy corner as it is in middle of restaurant with heavy marble and cast iron tables. Not very safe environment or kids, two rugs cover the hard stone floor. I found a bit of broken plate on the rug too, gave it o waiter, wasn't too concerned! Expensive too.

Visited January 2013
WaterfrontLodgeHotel, Manager at Prego Italian Cafe Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that your felt disappointed with the Tots Corner and incredibly sorry that there was a piece of broken crockery in that area. On investigation, the people that occupied that table prior to you had a breakage. This was cleared up but unfortunately a piece was missed.

We do feel that we are family friendly but we are a Cafe Bar and not a play gym; by this very nature there are tables and chairs. We also offer a separate Business Lounge so that all our customers feel comfortable.

We aim to give our parents with tots a selection of toys and books (none of which are from McDonalds), a TV with Cbeebies, tots portions and prices (e.g. tots pasta £2.50). Our baguettes with side salad start at £4 and our pasta, pizza and piattinis are all priced around £4-5.50. Tea is £1.50 and Italian cappucino £1.85. All of our food is freshly prepared and we provide table waiter service.

Perhaps "Prego Play" may be more what you are looking for. It is in a separate area; with carpeted floor; Activity Assistants provide facepainting and art & crafts, along with toys, games and DVDs. It is every Sunday 12-6pm and complimentary to families dining in the restaurant.