“Well worth a visit”
Review of Meze Restaurant

Meze Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Meze Turkish and Greek Restaurant in Brighouse, between Halifax & Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. Here at Meze we combine two fantastic Mediterranean countries delicacies made from age old family recipes but presented with a modern, contemporary twist. Wherever possible all of our produce is sourced locally and everything on our menu is lovingly prepared, from scratch every day by our expert team of chefs. Our aim is to provide a relaxed, fun and friendly environment for you to enjoy your meal whilst keeping the decor fresh and modern. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We discovered this restaurant when visiting the area for a couple of days in July. The staff were welcoming and attentive. We started with a vegetarian meze for 2 then had a mixed grilled fish platter and a chicken and lamb kebab. The food was very tasty,hot and well presented . We were fortunate to get a table on a Saturday evening as we ate early around 5.30pm. The restaurant was beginning to get very busy as we left. Later that evening we were told that the restaurant is very popular and it is advisable to book . We enjoyed a relaxing tasty meal with good service and a warm welcome.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Nice quality.”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a three course meal here, on a Saturday evening, so the restaurant was very busy. The seating was not the best as we were sat in the centre of the restaurant and had people barging past to go to the toilets or to their tables.
As they were very busy, we were being rushed for the table and had the waiters hovering over us and grabbing the plates literally as soon as they were finished.
The food was nice quality but my biggest gripe was the portion size of my main course. I had the lamb with feta - the feta was a single piece of 2cm x 2cm x 1/4 cm and the meat was a small portion hidden under spinach. As the case with lamb, a reasonable proportion is fat so the amount of meat was very small indeed. My wife was eating the pork Kleftiko and had a good two to three times the amount of meat for the same £14-£15 price.
Vegetables are additional extras so this pushes the price a little bit higher.
All in all, the quality of food was good but the seating poor and the amount of food on my one particular dish was bad. I also hate being rushed for the table to be free.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Always Excellent Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Visited here again with my daughter and her boyfriend who really loved the excellent food and great surroundings. The staff are always very friendly and helpful and the food is always cooked to perfection. We visited on a Monday evening at 6pm and by 7pm the restaurant was full, so that shows how popular it is and rightly so. I will continue to visit this as my number one Turkish restaurant in the area.

1 Thank Yorkie1948
Bradford
“Great value”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I visited last night (25/7/14) for the early bird. It is £13.95 for a starter & main chosen from the a la carte menu. My wife started with a Greek salad followed by the lamb kleftiko. I had the mixed dips & beef stifado we both chose sauteed potatoes. Service was quick and efficient and the food was well presented and the meat fell off my wife's lamb bone. My stifado was just as delicious. We had a small mythos and 2 large efes to drink and the bill still came to less than £35.00. I would recommend a visit anytime.

Brighouse
“A tasty treat”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Dined here with a party of 14 from work. A warm welcome as always by Ali and his friendly team. Starters were all judged tasty the halloumi cheese was especially good. Mains were also delicious the vegetarian option here gaining much praise. Those who had room for pud pronounced them scrumptious.
All in all a lovely meal in a super place with great staff. Who could ask for more?

• Visited June 2014