“A Special Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meze Restaurant

Meze Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Meze Turkish and Greek Restaurant in Brighouse, between Halifax & Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. Here at Meze we combine two fantastic Mediterranean countries delicacies made from age old family recipes but presented with a modern, contemporary twist. Wherever possible all of our produce is sourced locally and everything on our menu is lovingly prepared, from scratch every day by our expert team of chefs. Our aim is to provide a relaxed, fun and friendly environment for you to enjoy your meal whilst keeping the decor fresh and modern. We look forward to seeing you soon.
West Yorkshire
“A Special Meal”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A great restaurant in the middle of Brighouse .Not a place that you would expect to find such a culinary high standard but you would be wrong. The flavor and texture of the lamb and feta with spinach was exceptional.The service could not be faulted and the overall atmosphere and experience brilliant.Probably classed as middle range on price but really very good value as well.

1 Thank Ianstevenson

Yorkshire
“An excellant restaurant!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Going out for an impromptu meal is a treat in itself. Finding a great restaurant without trying is an even rarer treat. This Sunday afternoon we did just that.

This is a great restaurant......the food is typical near middle east (Greek/Turkish). We had a shared meze platter - olives, salad, dips, pitta bread. For main we had kebabs (of which there is a large selection) which included rice and saluted potatoes. A selection of ethnic beer was nice.

Its difficult to do justice to this restaurant without it sounding like just another nice kebab place! We are used to dining at good restaurants in a wide variety of places both for pleasure and business. I typically do not post reviews because they are what you expect of such places. In this instance it was both a surprise and a pleasure to eat high quality, well presented food.

The restaurant itself is very well presented with good quality table linen and modern dining furniture. The staff are friendly and professional.

The most surprising aspect of our visit was the price. For the meal described, for 2 people, was £22, including beer. For the quality of food and surroundings I would quite easily have expected to pay 50% more! I have paid more than this to eat a mediocre Sunday lunch at a pub! This place is a find and a bargain.

I would normally give a few negatives to add balance to a posting. I really cannot find any to give! okay, in the interest of fairness, the toilet was small and there was no hand blower in the (just paper!). That is about the best I give!!

So, my recommendation would be, get to this hidden jewel in the back of beyond of Yorkshire (sorry Brighouse!) and enjoy a high quality meal, in good surroundings for a bargain price.

Huddersfield
“Birthday treat.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend took me to Meze as a birthday present. Wonderful food, excellent and friendly service, good atmosphere and entertainment in the form of a Greek dancer.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Constantly great food and service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having moved to Brighouse from Leeds, I had no expectations of the culinary delights of this small town. I was sorely wrong.

Brighouse has a range of great places to eat and tbh they put the metropolis of Leeds look a little threadbare in comparison. Meze is such an example of great food and great service.

Have been here several times now, with a variety of friends and the occasional romantic night out with my other half.

The food is always freshly cooked, full of flavour and having a mix of Greek and Turkish to choose from, there's always something there to satisfy everyone's palette.

The Turkish waiting staff are courteous, friendly, professional and ready to have a laugh.

The drinks are reasonably priced as is the whole experience.

It;s only a small place, looks much bigger due to the full wall mirror that doubles the apparent space. It's well decorated, modern, crowded, yet feels intimate due to the lighting.

Parking, round the corner is free, in the evening.

Overall, I can heartily recommend Meze - a great night out.

Teesekkur ederim / Ef charisto.

Visited September 2013
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch; such good value!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Found this gem of a place by a simple Google search.

My daughter and I went for lunch, it was so delicious and was just £25 for two courses and a fresh juice for both of us. Simply excellent!