“Blew my mind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brook's

Brook's
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Blew my mind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited brooks with my partner on Monday evening, we were greeted by the waitress upon walking through the door and promptly welcomed and offered a table for the evening. We decided to sit in the bar area and were offered a drink, we plumped for wine, the malbec (red) was a fantastic choice, worth a taste for any pallet, we ordered in the relaxing surroundings of the bar area, and were seated and offered bread 5 mins before the starters were served, a fantastic idea as it allows you to relax before you eat, you feel like you are wanted and not just a walking wallet. The flavours of the chorizo, Serrano ham, cheese and olives combined to create the best starter I have eaten in some time, service and clearance was first class, all done with smiles and polite conversation and even jokes as the evening wore on. To the main I had the sea bass which extreamly good, two fillets were served with roast potatoes and vegetables in two large ramikins, more than enough for even my ample appetite, by this time we were in a room full of diners, and I couldn't help but notice that everybody was receiving the same first class service we were receiving, one to one conversations with the owner were a big plus. Desert also followed the same pattern and rounded off a perfect evening. I definitely won points with my other half, after a fantastic meal, two bottles of wine and one of the best congac's ive had in a while I can honestly say I have not yet had a better dining experience. Will be returning as soon as possible, if you don't mind paying reasonable prices for mind blowing food, you will thoroughly enjoy this establishment, many thanks,

The woodman lad =)

Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
“Our Favourite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Brook's is run by Daryl who is Savoy trained. He and Petra always make us feel welcome. The bistro atmosphere is surpassed by an ever-changing menu and excellent cooking. You will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Richard650
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great ambience but the food didn't "wow" me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

First time I've eaten at Brooks although I went with people who are regulars. We were made to feel very welcome by the owner although some of the waiting staff weren't quite so cheery, perhaps because they were busy?

The food was simple and the portion sizes were big. It was nice enough but it was nothing new and didn't "wow" me.

What I did love about this place was the atmosphere which they have got just right. Some people were dressed up to the nines, some were very casual but everyone was having a good time. The music was great, circa 1940's, jazz and blues I would say.

There is a comfortable seating area upstairs where diners can retire to after their meal which was well used and rounded the evening off nicely.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely little find...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had vouchers bought for this restaurant, so did not know what to expect. Very warm welcome into the bar area, with vintage décor and old polished wooden floor. We chose the early bird menu with an addition of the speciality main course, we were not disappointed and it was absolutely excellent value. The 'true gentleman' owner was a first class host, and the service from two young lady waitresses could not have been better.
We enjoyed our evening in nostalgic candlelit comfort, and will certainly be visiting this lovely little establishment again.

• Visited March 2013
shipley,west yorkshire
“Second visit and would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and me went with 8 others for a work do. its the second visit and last went Christmas 2011. The staff are all nice and friendly and we had a drink before we were shown to our table, i find the menu very limited so if you dont like much of whats on could be a problem. The food we had was very nice i got goats cheese starter and the lamb cake for main i didnt have a sweet but they all looked and told they were nice, the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and has good service.