We had booked an executive room but found this right at the other end of the hotel, through a maze of corridors and fire doors - so we downgraded to a standard room much nearer to the lift. This was very comfortable with a kingsized bed, very good bathroom (but we could only get hot water from either tap and in the shower!), TV, hairdryer and good storage. It was very clean with modern furniture but sadly no air-con and only small opening windows which made the room very hot on a summer night. However, it overlooked the canal and from about 3am it seemed there was a constant droning sound from a machine(?) on the opposite bank which kept us awake.
We ate both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and found the quality of the food very good, particularly the pork belly which was excellent. There was plenty of choice for breakfast, with freshly poached or fried eggs being offered in addition to the hot food on the buffet - tasty bacon, sausage, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans and some lovely black pudding. This was much better quality than we have had in more expensive hotels.
We found all the staff were very friendly and polite and all spoke good English. We had a good deal offered on the internet and so would rate this good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air conditioning & mini bars are available in our executive and deluxe rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Brighouse
- The Waterfront Hotel Brighouse, England