“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Sheffield
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in executive room for 1 night. Most comfy massive bed ever. Clean excellent value for money. Central location. Breakfast was lovely. Staff friendly. Will stay again and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have stayed at the Waterfront lodge three times as we have family in Brighouse. Each time we have been really pleased indeed with our stay. We stay in an executive room and it is excellent value. The staff are helpful and really friendly - for example they say hello or good morning when you pass the reception desk. Service is very good indeed and the breakfast is lovely with eggs cooked to order. Everything is very clean and all to a good standard.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very nice and a good size.
Sheffield
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had a night here as we were having a meal just round the corner.

On the face of it this is a lovely little hotel, and I can certainly agree with a previous reviewer, a comfortable nights sleep. However, the whole place is looking a little tired and in need of a spruce up. The bathroom had mold around the bath and the shower rail was hanging down, the television was tiny (too small to watch from the bed), and the lift was out of order when we visited.

It's the little details that make somewhere special, and unfortunately were the let down here, menus in the restaurant (where we had breakfast) written on whiteboards in three different handwriting (not easy the read), breakfast bread presented still in its bags, and plastic jugs for the juice. The scrambled eggs were dry and since the sausages, bacon, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes were in hot plates they weren't that nice either. Strangely the coffee and hot water was presented in flasks.

So, no better than a generic chain hotel - a good nights sleep but nothing special.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Called in to Hotel with my wife on morning of stay and was met by a very pleasant lady in reception. She showed me a standard room for £45.00 and an executive room for £55.00 - both with breakfast. Both rooms were of a good standard but we chose the executive room. All the facilities one would expect from such a room were present and the bed was enormous. The bathroom was also of a good standard. One slight disadvantage was that the executive rooms were some distance from the entrance and were accessed through a maze of corridors and passages.
We ate in the hotels Italian restaurant and found it acceptable without being notable. The restaurant was popular and busy with both local people and hotel guests. Breakfast the following morning was of a good standard and was professionally served. We found all the staff pleasant and accommodating. Dogs are accepted in this hotel and made welcome.
The canal is immediately outside the hotel and the towpath soon leads to very pleasant countryside. The bluebell woods were a delight. I walked with my dog to Elland on the towpath which was a return trip of about six miles.
If I were in this area in the future I would not hesitate to use this hotel.

Room Tip: For an extra £10.00 the executive rooms are very nice.
Beechworth, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Spent a night in this hotel with my son during a recent trip. The room was well appointed and comfortable, with everything we needed at our fingertips though furniture and fittings look a little tired. Beds were comfortable and there was a wide selection of hot and cold food at breakfast. Negatives ... the bathroom door stuck, so we ended up not fully shutting it, and the hot breakfast was served on stone cold plates, so that by the time you got your food it was already chilling. Other than that, not a bad place to stay and I’d probably go back if I was visiting the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed here for the last 3 weeks for work and I love it. As a female travelling alone, feeling comfortable in the restaurant and safe in my room is very important to me. I cant fault the staff, nothing is too much trouble and in a world where service seems to have gone amiss..its nice to be treated as a valued customer. The single room is tiny, so I upgraded to a still small double room. I sleep like a baby here - nice sheets and really comfy bed. Ok the bathroom has yellow tiles but its clean ...the shower curtain did smell, though still clean and I asked for it to be washed and it was changed immediately. As a result I am a very satisfied guest and have no problem staying here again and again and again.... the Tagliatelle Fattore is my fav dish and the rose blush is divine :-)

Room Tip: Room 205 is my room...can get a bit warm but there is a fan in the room to keep you cool during thos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've stayed in hotels all over the world and I have to say that for value for money this is among the best. I was originally recommended the Warerfront when I had business in Leeds as there is an excellent rail link just minutes from the hotel. I have also used the hotel with my family and we have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are always helpful and friendly. On a recent business trip to the area I phoned the hotel to check when the restaurant closed as I was running late. The Manager emailed a copy of the menu to me so I could order a meal in advance - how's that for service - and the restaurant has a great choice of lovely Italian food. I've always stayed in the executive rooms which really are well appointed and great value for the cost

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RobMac88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
#10 of 17 in Huddersfield
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!